Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have an AIR COMPRESSOR for SALE?? need info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Germ, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Germ

Germ

I sold mine to some kid who was building a ROADSTER in hopes of winning an award at BILLETPROOF next year...
    he needed that SOUND for when he PULLED into the winner circle.......

oh no wait,,,
    ACTUALLY the CHROME DOO-DADS I bought from florida to dress up my COMPRESSOR caused some PROBLEM,, They shined so much that they BLINDED the PISTON and the PISTON went into the attic......

Point is I need to find a 60 gallon 2 stage?
    Any dealers? or any Good BRANDS,,??
    Anybody have one?
    I USE the THING alot,,

Not interested in CRAFTSMAN or HARDWARE store types,,
    They are all JUNK

thinking about SPENDING some money on a GOOD INDUSTRIAL cast IRON motor COMPRESSOR.... and think 2 faze would be a good upgrade...

any suggestions on brands, and costs?
    and anyone have a problems with certain compressors?

2. Germ

Germ

maybe an AIR COMPRESSOR isn't really used very much when you build cars with PHOTO SHOP...

hahahaha

3. wes

wes
    from san diego

i just bought one about a year ago, but it was one of the crappy hardware store ones you refer to. 60 gallon but not 2 faze, thats the shit. anyways mines worked great, we have the same one at the shop i work at and we punnish it and it keeps going strong. a big 2 faze would be the shit though
    wes

4. moondisc

moondisc

Don't know about the left coast, but out here the local industrial tool dealer sells Ingersoll Rand 80 gallon 5hp 2 stage cast iron compressors for $1300 on sale, $1500 is the normal price.
    That's what I've got. It was in my buds truck repair shop for 7 years, running 15 hours a day.
    It popped a crank seal and ran out of oil. Set up tight.
    He gave to me, I honed it out, polished the crank, put 2 new pistons and 1 new rod in it, and I've had it 5 years.
    Tough compressors!

But what the hell do I know? I must be from FLA 'cause I have CHROME SMOOTHIES on my wifes car! hehe

5. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

my craftsman is only like 2 years old and i had to already rebuild it last week,one of the rings wore out already.

i dont know if you have a TSC out there (tractor supply company) ,but they have some heavy duty compressors for pretty good prices

6. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Check this place out.They are really good to do buisiness with, always treated me right. auto body toolmart

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

Champion rules but they ain't cheap...

8. stevenjerk

stevenjerk

jack i got a line on one for free but needs a part or two let me know, its at my buddys where my truck is, give me a call

9. FrameDragger

FrameDragger

Germ, get in touch with HotRodVon, he's your guy...

M-

10. Paul

Paul
    Editor

'just bought me one of them home improvement types today,

got the biggest one they had, the 80 gal 15.1 @ 90 blah blah.

my old 60 gallon 5 horse oiless is starting to make my ears bleed every time I turn it on.

'think I'll use it as a secondary inline tank and toss the pump.

unless some masocistic ear bleed offers me a couple bucks.

Paul

11. nor cal nic

nor cal nic

you can have the one in my trunk!
    nic

12. raven

raven

Germ,
    I have a 5hp, 80 gal Speed Aire that's taking up space in my garage. I think it's a 2-phase. I was going to use it (it came with the house) but don't really want to screw with changing it over.
    Interested?
    r

13. hey does this mean your going to stop spraying cars with your wagner airless sprayer?

14. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

My vote is also for Ingersol Rand. I use a 75hp and two 50hp screws at work.With desicant driers they really put out about 700scfm of some very dry air @ 120psi. My buddy has a 10horse two stage IR at his home garage that works very well. If you have the power to handle that, it shuold do about anything you need sandblasted. A cheap way to set up a drier is to set up copper tubing on the wall (aprox. 25 feet) in a zig zag pattern like a refrigerator condenser with a trap and auto drain at bottom.
    That will get a large percentage of the moisture out of the line. If you have 3 phase 460V power you could run that setup pretty economically.

15. [ QUOTE ]
    hey does this mean your going to stop spraying cars with your wagner airless sprayer?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's hilarious!