Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods anyone have a problem with BUBBAS IGNITION?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevy12, Nov 3, 2017.

1. chevy12

chevy12

I put in a order almost 7 months ago every month i asked him where it was. just always said hes behind and would get to it soon. Then he said he shipped it, i never got it. he said he would build another one that week and ship it. its been 4 weeks now. he said he shipped it. I asked for a tracking number and he gave me a number that doesnt work. Im not sure if hes ever going to send it. or if ill ever get my money back.

2. Does'nt sound like his mo.

3. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the club! I waited well over a year before I went somewhere else. Six months after that, he notified me my distributor was ready. I am not exaggerating; I actually waited that long. It seems he does good work when he gets around to it, but that's the problem

4. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I guess i am guilty as charged! After 24 years of business we closed the shop and the injection and training . Moved the ignition shop down the street. Been working every day catching up from the move. Getting them done as quick as i can . If i gave you a ups number , its shipped! Email is the best contact i have , i do answer the phone but are sometimes hard to get as i get tons of email and help questions each and every day as well. Its getting better on getting them done . Hang in there !!

D-Russ, DesmoDog, ROCKER77 and 10 others like this.

5. hang tough Jim, you will catch up soon. Can't imagine the task to move a shop and then to get reorganized and it is not like we are still youthful:D

loudbang and town sedan like this.
  6. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Tony,
    Tracking shows your package is on the dock in Egan Mn. Set for monday delivery. let us know when you recieve it. Sorry for the delay.....

7. Rand Man

Rand Man

I am dumbfounded that anyone is waiting longer than my five months.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Dog_Patch and seabeecmc like this.
  8. town sedan

town sedan

Hand tough BUBBA! Hope to have you do my '57 325 distributor at some point.
    -Dave

loudbang likes this.
  9. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think it's kinda like the guy who makes the pre-war Ford floor pans; it can take a looong time, but he's the only game in town and his products are superior. It's one of the things we have to put up with when we participate in this "hobby".

loudbang likes this.
  10. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

This has sparked some controversy.

11. 5window

5window

Sounds like it's trying to work itself out, but the fair thing for small shops to do is to notify the customer "we are X months behind, at least".

Bill's Auto Works and squirrel like this.
  12. Next time maybe read the Hamb O Dex section before using a vendor. Would have given you some insight into some issues.

5window likes this.
  13. if I want to ask one of my dumb questions I go looking for him on the Ford barn.

Texas Webb likes this.
  14. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bubba did the Chevy conversion on the 8ba in my '39 p/u. Didn't take all that long but that was a while ago. Another source for flathead Ford dizzies is CharlieNY over on the Barn. Never used him for a dizzie but he did a 94 carb for me and I'm happy with it. JMO

loudbang likes this.
  15. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

16. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

didn't you scale down and move to your garage at your house, Jim ?

17. Rand Man

Rand Man

I don’t blame a guy for retiring. Just tell me so. He didn’t say anything about closing the shop when I sent him the parts. Don’t tell me things are ready to ship, cash my check, then six weeks later you’ve never even seen my order paperwork. The months keep passing he keeps my parts and money. I have to keep explaining to my wife why my Ford sits there in the way, gathering dust. Every month that conversation gets a little more tense if you know what I mean.

Woogeroo likes this.
  18. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

No excuses givin Rand Man, you are on top of this weeks list......

19. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Yes , we are still looking for parts etc........but its actually getting better. Its the custom orders that require machine work that sometimes bogs us down....

20. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

Hang in there with Jim, he is straight arrow as his replies substantiate, and my personal experience support.

town sedan likes this.
  21. Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
    from Ohio

I stopped by Jims shop in August of 2016 and he is a very nice and extremely knowledgeable guy I'm sure he will get everything worked out.

town sedan likes this.
  22. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I understand the frustration....but the quality of Jim's work is worth it.

town sedan likes this.
  23. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think that sometimes a true craftsman decides to do work for others for money. He may be a really nice guy and a wizard at what he does but he may also be a horrible business man. No offense meant but his specialty might be ignitions but, maybe, he does not possess the business skills necessary.

The key: Is he still taking orders and people's money and is so far behind it takes years to do? It would probably be wise to suspend his order taking and finish what he has that is bought and paid for.

seabeecmc and tubman like this.
  24. because when you get it you can bet its going to be correct and badassery at its finest! Ask for a bottle of speedster sauce while your at it.

town sedan likes this.
  25. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

On the contrary, Jim would not be directly addressing his detractors if he were not a good business man. He would be ducking them.

His fuel injector business was a well organized, well run and well promoted business that unfortunately I believe, fell victim to the auto manufacturers and their suppliers, finally getting it right, causing his market to diminish to the point of no return.

Shaun1162 and loudbang like this.
  26. Rand Man

Rand Man

I regret venting on this thread. I didn’t mean to attack Jim personally.

27. 55styleliner

55styleliner

28. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmmm, That's very interesting.

29. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have nothing but great things to say about CharlieNY. Nothing nice to say about Bubba's. Charlie is spot on and quick. Bubba's not so much. Things seem to take forever with Bubba's. Good communication and fast service with CharlieNY. Ron

30. 6inarow

6inarow

And it looks like he is addressing it and taking care of it. Better yet, do it yourself. If you have ever met Jim he is a great guy.

unclescooby likes this.