Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone have a dec 92 rodders digest and a scanner????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moparron426, Nov 24, 2008.

1. moparron426

moparron426

I am looking for a couple pictures in the Dec 1992 rodders digest magazine(volume 11, #50)
    the pages I would like scanned are pages 44-45 and the cover pictures of a red 33 dodge highboy coupe that belongs to or belonged to Randy Jenkins from Norman OK.
    or if anyone has any pics of this car that they could post that would be great.
    thanks in advance. Ron....:cool::)

2. Jibs

Jibs

Ron, I have those pages scaned, but they are too big to upload. If you send me your email I can email them to you. I checked out your web shots, I like the last picture of the 41 Willys. I like it because I built that truck 23 years ago. Ron Robb and the person I sold it to have really improved it since I sold it. Ron Robb has that thing haulin. At Thompson he was running 10.30's and letting off. Check out my photos at http://public.fotki.com/wcsr/ JJibs

3. moparron426

moparron426

that willys is very cool, that is the inspiration for my race truck project.
    thanks for scanning those pics for me [​IMG] Ron....

my email address is
    [email protected]

now I'm off to check out your pics :cool::D

WOW there are LOTS of pics, thats going to take some time....

4. Jibs

Jibs

Ron, I sent the scans, hope they are good enough. Yes we have alot of pictures on that site, our club believes in driving our cars. Check out our web site at http://www.wcstreetrodders.com/
    JJibs

5. But, is that '33 still Mopar-powered?? :D Nah, I'm just yankin' yer chain...;)

Seriously, & the reason I actually stepped into the thread, I believe I have that issue...if JJibs doesn't have 'em, I can probably dig it out & scan it.

6. moparron426

moparron426

I just checked my email and no show yet :eek:

could you send it again [email protected]

But, is that '33 still Mopar-powered?? :D Nah, I'm just yankin' yer chain...;)

Seriously, & the reason I actually stepped into the thread, I believe I have that issue...if JJibs doesn't have 'em, I can probably dig it out & scan it.

actually the one in the magizine hasa chevy in it :eek::D

the one I am going to build will have a 493ci mopar max wedge and a 5 speed with a dana:cool::D that should be fun....... Ron...

7. moparron426

moparron426

JJibs it's been a few hours and still no pics have come , maybe they are to large or wrong address?[​IMG]

8. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Ron, if JJibs doesn't pan out, I'm pretty sure that I have that magazine somewhere in my collection. I'd have to instigate a basement scrounge, but I'm certain I can come up with what you need. Lwt me know...

9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I sat in this car at NSRA/OK City, and if I remember right...Jim Niblett built the car?...and if I remember , it had a lift-off hardtop.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. moparron426

moparron426

I don't know whats wrong, he has sent them at least twice and they just are not getting here [​IMG]

John are your magazines in pretty good order by year?
    I dont want you to spend all night in the basement going crazy looking through what about 25-30 years of magazines:eek:
    Thanks Ron.....

11. moparron426

moparron426

well we are getting close, I got pages 44-45 just need the cover now..

Joe, I sent you back an email but it got returned to me for some reason[​IMG]

thank you for all the trouble. Ron....:cool:

12. Jibs

Jibs

Ron, sent the cover picture. I have problems with this new Comcast-smartzone, seems pretty stupid to me, the old way worked better. JJibs

13. primed34

primed34

Is this the same car as the yellow car on the cover of a '73 Rod & Custom?

14. moparron426

moparron426

Joe I want to publicly "THANK YOU" for all the effort and time spent to help out a perfect stranger. those pics are just what I was looking for.
    and thank to the other guys that offered to help out. Ron... [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Ron, glad you got what you were looking for. And a good old HAMB pat on the back to JJibs for doing what he said he would, even though it certainly turned out to be more than it originally seemed.

Yes Ron, my collection is kind of arranged by title and year. The trouble is the mags are behind lots of other stuff that makes it a pain in the arse to ferret them out. However, if you need something let me know as I probably have it somewhere!

PS - It is now snowing and cold! How is it in Escondido?

16. I have that issue, always thought that was a neat car!

17. moparron426

moparron426

John, we actually got some rain last night for about 5 hours :eek:
    man that is a lot for us :D:cool:

I have been out side all morning moving projects around so I can work on them better and now I am sweating, (old fat guy pushing cars around):D Ron....:cool: