Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone going to Lead East????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tall Paul, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Just wondering???

My visa finally gets sorted and I get to migrate to the US of A on August 29 [​IMG] bout damn time..bloody bureaucracy...anyway, This will be the first US show i attend so if anyone wants to meet up I would love to grab a beer and shoot-the-shit...do you even say that in the states?? man, now I'm gunna have to learn american [​IMG]

Paul

2. If you forget EVERYTHING else about "American English" ALWAYS remember "Can I Bum a fag?" DOES NOT....repeat DOES NOT mean "Can I have a cigarette".

That, the world series does not include the rest of the world and keep right are all you need to remember.

I think.

3. Are you flying into Newark NJ?
    I hope you have motel reservations,everything around Lead East fills up pretty quick.
    But it's easier to reserve rooms and rental cars now with the internet.
    That's an expensive part of the country to visit,and the exchange rate really sucks for you guys.

Lead East is like another planet,in a distant Galaxy.
    Definately worth going to at least once. [​IMG]

They say Lead East starts Thursday,
    in reality it doesn't get rolling until Friday.
    Saturday is the big day.< http://www.decorides.com/lead/index.htm >
    If the weather looks good,and your only going one day,I would suggest Saturday.

Any questions,just ask.

4. nah I'm actually moving to Philadelphia to live!! Yeah the Mrs has already booked motel accomodation so that shouldnt be a problem...

5. I'll be there for the day either Friday or Saturday. I'll be hanging out around the side of the hotel where the DJ is. My car will probably be parked in the Nabisco lot when I'm not cruising it around. No doubt I'll be wearing a HAMB Drags T-shirt by then. It might be easier to spot the car. You'll enjoy the party. Have fun!
    Bil

6. NorwegianV8

NorwegianV8
    from Sem City

7. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

dammm i keep forgetting to get a room. i will be there all weekend

8. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

...........skip Lead East and hit the Hot Rod Hoedown!!
    http://www.hotrodhoedown.com/event_info.html

......there will be a LOT of HAMBers there and kool cars and bikes! Just south of Philly, just off of I95. Look for me, I'm the cool old fat guy.......... [​IMG]

9. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

i think i will be there also last year was a good time

10. skipperman

skipperman

I'll be at both.....look for me drivin a 58 Impala convert ( white/red pinstripin' ) at Lead ...... it's a buddy's car and I'm drivin' it for him.........

Jersey Skip

11. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

i wouldnt miss it...my favorite show of the year...slag, do you really need a room?

12. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

well i have not gotten one in the past 5 years
    and the year i did have one i spent the weekend in some chicks room so my hotel was empty

13. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

I look forward to Lead East every year, its definately my favorite show..Paul, look for me in the Nabisco lot,i'll buy you a beer from my cooler [​IMG], i'll have the chopped pink 51 mercury (with the grey primer quarters because of newly installed 56 packard taillights)....bob

14. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

bob you love lead east because of the not mentionable things i do and we better stock up on vodka and tonic they went to fast at hartford

15. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

yeah, slag you're right...oh, i'll save you a spot next to my car again for yellow truck [​IMG]

16. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

yellow truck is gone i now have black truck but i think im going to have the vette. it will be more fun to cruise in a convert and well you know [​IMG]

17. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

im goin, i got a room on the couch/floor about an hour away (15 minutes from newark) if anyone is in a bind..ill be there on the money green panhead

18. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

slag...who the hell are u kidding????? you know damn well u aint bringing the vette...it'll definately be black truck.

19. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

no really mike just think of the fun i will have with the vette after i have a few [​IMG]

20. Kustom??

Kustom??
    from N.J. US

Oh slag i cant wait to see this..Lead east isnt going to know what hit them.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

21. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

there is going to be a burn out contest this year at lead east i think we should use bobs merc and blow the tires off the rims. i will bring a jack and 2 wheels with tires to blow [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

22. demonspeed

demonspeed

What days is it again? i saw the date the other day and thought i might go and now that its gettin good reviews i think i definitely might if im around.

23. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

it starts thursday 9/2/04 but it does not really get going till mid friday. if you are going for one day the best day is saturday.

24. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

sometime i will be there .... only 10 min my shack

25. Ill be there Saturday..

We all need to have a meeting place, or something...

26. [ QUOTE ]
    Ill be there Saturday..

We all need to have a meeting place, or something...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah somewhere close to the bar [​IMG]

27. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

28. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

it is here wo is going and what days?????i think im going to take my 50 caddy if any one goes look for me and share a beer

29. My visa finally came thru and I just arrived in the country!! at last!! Can't wait for my first US car show...I'm heading up for the saturday and sunday. Anyone know of a place/time for a meeting?? If not, I'll be sure to look out for the few people who have mentioned cars to stop by [​IMG]

Paul