Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Anyone go to Jefferson?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobj49f2, Apr 25, 2021.

1. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I was just curious with the limitations placed on the number of vendors how the swapmeet went. I was planning on going but work that makes me money, unlike going to a swapmeet usually costs me money, got in the way. I was going to buy a spot but couldn't decide until all of the spaces were sold, again work gets in the way. Any good deals? What was the selection like parts wise? I know in the past it's mostly later model Chevy stuff but once in a while I've been able to find a part or two for my older projects in a corner or under a table of a private seller.

2. kjmmm

kjmmm

Lots of vendors. Didn't seem like only 70%. Never seen so many spectators on Saturday. Maybe just me but it seemed like everybody was in a real good mood and just happy to be at a swap.

tractorguy likes this.
  3. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

After the last year of lock downs I'm sure everyone just wanted to get out and get a tiger bar. I know I did but making money instead of spending got in the way.

I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I'm hoping to make it to Iola this summer.

4. It was great.

5. ChryslerRodder

ChryslerRodder

I got in Saturday at 6 am. Went around till my knees gave up around 10. Found a few things on my list.

tractorguy likes this.
  6. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

I went Friday the crowd was pretty good I found a few things I needed. And a few things to help pay for the trip

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

7. gene-koning

gene-koning

We got there Sat about 8:30 and left around 2:30 in the afternoon. Lots of people caring a lot of stuff, I suspect many guys sold a lot of stuff.
    The 30% fewer swap spaces that were left empty seemed like a lot more empty places to me. The buildings we went into were about 1/2 full. Several regular venders we always expected to see were not there. This caused me to not get a few things on my list. I suspect the pickings were pretty slim on Sunday.
    Over all, it was a great day, and it was nice to be able to get to a swap meet again, even though the only things I bought was food, which including a Big Bar. Gene

8. Eds_tls

Eds_tls

I went Friday and it seemed like a great turnout. I got a carb I was looking for at a solid price. I’m glad I went.

Honestly i never would have known it was 70% captivity if I didn’t read that ahead of time. Seemed pretty hopping to me???

9. outagas1961

outagas1961

got there about 9:30 sat. wandered most of the day without buying anything then stumbled on a tri power setup that was complete and the seller didnt want a mortgage payment to part with it so it followed me home. think most people were pumped just to get somewhat back to normal.

10. I bought up a bunch of cool stuff. I met a few guys at the show that said they had stuff. After I got home I picked up what they had for me. As far as selling goes the buyers were very aggressive. Must have been all that stimulus money burning a hole in their pocket.

11. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was a vendor in the same spaces I usually have. It was one of my best gross sales Jefferson's ever. Lot's of people willing to spend money and wanting to get their project cars going as well. All in all, I couldn't be happier.