Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone ever dealt with Vintagespeed.com?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shoebomber, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Shoebomber

Shoebomber
    from Bangor, ME

Has anyone ever had any dealings with vintagespeed .com? I was checking out their prices on carbs and they seem pretty reasonable. Any good, bad, "pleading the 5ths"???

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

here we go... again. :eek:

use the search function and you can get all the info you need... :rolleyes:

Now wait right here, Chachi will be along shortly... now I gotta poo.:D

3. Shane T.

Shane T.

Calling Chachi to the white courtesy phone please.....

4. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Here we go.

5. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

In the meantime, will this do? :D Mike

Attached Files:

6. Shoebomber

Shoebomber
    from Bangor, ME

i used the search function and nobody says whether they're good or bad. All I want is a yay or nay... simple as that.

7. CadillacKid

CadillacKid

How 'bout this? :)

Attached Files:

8. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Tough crowd today.

9. CadillacKid

CadillacKid

On a seroius note, according to the general consensus on here, they are hit or miss...either you luck out and they want to do their best for you, or it takes them forever to get you your stuff, and when you get it your order is screwed up.

10. Shoebomber

Shoebomber
    from Bangor, ME

okay so they suck. i get it...

11. tomcat46

tomcat46

Read this thread, then make up your own mind. Just be careful.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130662&highlight=vintagespeed

FWIW I bought a couple of aircleaners off e-bay from him last month.
    His e-bay tag is "realrodder". I was very satisfied with the service and the parts. He seems to be much more responsive to e-bay customers than website etc. I paid less through e-bay than I would have off his website. From what others have said, your mileage may vary.

How's that for a yay or nay answer?

Tom

12. Muttley

Muttley

13. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I got two Rochester end carb bases from him, real nice quality, he's alright just overworked and understaffed.

14. mtflat

mtflat

Speaking of up and down vendors, I just learned this week that Jere Jobe has moved his shop from CA to Lakeside MT - we're practically neighbors.

15. luckydevil

luckydevil

Good product, bad service. I ordered almost $600 worth of stuff. It took 6 months to get it and that was after about 50 phone calls & emails. Once I got the stuff it was nice but I will never deal with them again.

16. Shoebomber

Shoebomber
    from Bangor, ME

i was just looking to pick up some valve covers and a finned air cleaners. but we'll see what else is out there i guess...

17. Well..as noted...he seems a lot more responsive to his eBay customers...might check there.

Some of the other smaller vendors don't have great reps either. If your heart is set on one of his products, might see if you can get it through Kikin Street Rods, Riley Auto, or another Alliance vendor....he allegedly services big customers & eBay faster.

I wonder if Fred is going to kick Chachi's ass....even being dead and all. :D

18. CadillacKid

CadillacKid

HaHaHaHa..... :D

19. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Must admit i've bought quite a bit of stuff off charlie and can't complain at all, When i visited him when on holiday he treated me and wife like god's, i guess he must like limeys LOL

Steve.

20. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I've only ever dealt with him via eBay & it always has gone smoothly, extremely quick shipping, & pleasant to deal with.

I have, however, read numerous stories here & on other boards of telephone antics by his "help", stupidly long delays, & attitude issues. Too many, in fact, to call it an abberation...

21. 32 for me

32 for me
    from SO. CAL.

I ordered 6x2's complete from him, kinda the same as everybody else. When I first called him he says "boy it's your lucky day,I have a slow period right now, so if you want these you better order them before 2 weeks, I get real busy then " sound familiar to anyone else? Anyway I sends the money and wait and wait now it must be his busy season I waited so long. Always nice to me on the phone. I forgot his wifes name but when I would call she would scream at him in the other room, " CHARLIE, KEN'S ON THE PHONE! There for a while I thought I was his only customer. Anyway I did finally get my stuff and it was everything he said it would be. Nice stuff.

22. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

I've had ok dealings with charlie at vintage speed. i called him, and he answered right away...altho he seemed like i was bothering him.
    he took my order, and i got it 4 days later...and it was the right parts. i did e-mail him a few times with tech. questions and he responded right away...i must have gotten him on a good day. there are alot of others who say just the opposite of what i'm saying here.
    i'm pretty sure business with him is hit or miss...you just have to catch him on a good day i guess.

23. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

you can also try this place http://www.execmall.com/Night Prowlers/night_prowlers_inventory_page.htm
    he has alot of the same stuff that charlie does, and similar prices...but, he doesn't have the carb and intake setups that charlie has.
    i've ordered quite a bit of stuff from nightprowlers...nice stuff, great to deal with, and quick shipping. they take phone orders too.

24. OHR281

OHR281

Shit...I just ordered some stuff from him and was hoping to get it asap. with my luck i am s.o.l.

25. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Hey Langy, Vince and Michelle are here.

26. 6inarow

6inarow

I got screwed

27. Paul2748

Paul2748

If you order over the internet, the response is very good and the products are just as good. Forget about asking questions as he does not answer the phone or return calls when you leave a message. Same with emails. The thing is, he has parts no one else has so you either grin and bear it or go without.

28. yekoms

yekoms

No thanks... I'll use hotrodcarbs.com

29. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

All I can say is: he's better than dealing with those guys at Eelco, but that's not saying much!

30. Ordered some 94 bases on line and got them in a few weeks with no problems.
    Must have got them on a good day