Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone Else Going To Goodguys In KC This Weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by warbozz, Aug 30, 2006.

1. warbozz

warbozz

Raven61 (Robin) kindly offered to share his swap meet space with me for this Friday and Saturday at the Goodguys show/swap meet at the Kansas Speedway. Any other HAMBer's going to be there? Drop by and say 'Hi' if you get the chance.

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

40StudeDude and his bro will be there in the Turquiose '54 Caddy...never been there before so where is the swap meet...???

R-

3. stank468

stank468

I'll be there... It sure is hard to get any work done with all these damn shows and swap meets......

The show and swap meet are in the infield of the Kansas motor speedway...I-435 and I-70 on the Kansas side...

4. carkiller

carkiller

Plan on goin down to K C friday a m. Depending on weather. Be vending at swap meet. Carkiller

5. 97flatrat

97flatrat

I'll be there Friday. Do you know your booth number?

6. raven

raven

I'll either be in swap space 38 or 40.
    Look for the grey '54 Chevy truck with the model T coupe in the bed.
    Stop by and say hi.
    r

7. I'll be there, wish I could bring 1 of my willys projects, but alas....Maybe tape a sign to my chest about the willys coupe for sale. See ya there. Carl Hagan here in Kansas City.

8. I hadn't given this a thought but it is tempting.

9. fifty4twodoor

fifty4twodoor

will be there sat. will look you all up.

10. looking like Saturday for me too.

11. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I have to say that after the first KC Speed and Power Meet I haven't really enjoyed a car show - I'm talking about a show for show's sake. I did go to Goodguys for the swap meet a few years ago (and found cool stuff) but I'm not looking for anything right now so I won't be there.

Good luck to you guys selling stuff at the swap.

12. OldsGuy

OldsGuy

I have been to a couple, way too much to see and my feet KILL me by the end of the day. It seems the "billet" guys are more predominate than before. I do like going to the "little guy" vendors and last time spent the whole day in that area. If you are patient and thorough you can usually find good stuff there.

13. raven

raven

Kevin,
    Don't you need another flatmotor?
    r

14. DirtyDan

DirtyDan

I'm planning on being there. Trying to get my 62 Impala back together before friday.
    Also, I dont see it mentioned here, but on Sunday there is a show called "Greaserama" that is only a few miles away and consists of only traditional hot-rods. I went to it last year, it is was small but a bunch of really cool rods. This year they are having it at the Boulevard Drive in, and playing the "Tales of a Rat Fink" movie about Big Daddy.

If ya'll decide to come by the greaserama, stop by and say hi. I'll be in a 62 turqouise impala

Attached Files:

15. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ummm... yes.

16. carkiller

carkiller

I will be in the swap area w/blue chevy p/u with model cpe body in the back. Carkiller

17. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

I been thinkin bout taken my 64 up there on saturday,anybody know what entry fees are? I didnt see anything on their web site.
    Lowlidx50

18. Buford

Buford

I'll be there with my panel truck...I'm the old poop with a gray beard and on a handicap scooter. Say hi 'cause I can't remember names and faces. Frank

19. My bro Jeff (HAMB=Trapped in Bumpkinville) and I will be there. Look for his "Karls Kustom Design" shirt booth. He'll be peddlin' lotsa kool shit.:cool: Stop in and just say "HI". Otherwise, if you see us out cruisin' in our rides, flag us down, honk, or just flip us off. We'll know whatcha mean.

-Jim

KKD-Shop truck.jpg

Jims Deuce.jpg

20. duke182

duke182

since i'll be there for lospunkrods show i might do some spectating

21. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I will be there Saturday morning.......6:30am watching the cars go drive in.

Caution!! If you were at the GG's a couple of years back and remember the nightmare getting in and out of the track. I bet that it will be back this year, the host club is not helping this year and they have volunteers running it. Some of the volunteers looked like they were working off community service hours for the court.

22. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

I'll be there in my Green and white 56 ford panel truck on saturday only. Later, Rusty.