Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone else building old dodge/plymouth other mopars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wayfarer, Nov 6, 2003.

1. My friend building ´52 chrysler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. steevil

steevil

3. Orange54

Orange54
    from Missouri

[​IMG]

Yes she's new but for $450.00 wouldn't you buy it too?

Has a 383 with edelbrock intake and carb.

I got it from the guy that bought it at a public auction. He paid $100.00 for it.

I had the trans rebuilt, put the road runner hood on it, and the wheels and tires.

Other than work electrical bugs out and clean it up that's how she sits. It's a crappy paint job and it needs a little interior work.

4. chopper daddy

chopper daddy

Don - didn't know you were a HAMBer when we talked on P15-D24!
    Here's my 49 Chrysler - ala 29 roadster, complete with the fluid drive!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. lowlow

lowlow
    from Sweden

Were the Nash cars included in the MoPar community in the late -30`s ? If so, I got one too. At least it runs a 273 commando from -65

6. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

gotta love that SINNERS tattoo in your upper right arm!:D

7. Timmy Z

Timmy Z

Hey just tryin to keep this post alive, im workin on a mild kustom 1947 desoto 5 window coupe, there seems to been more than a few die-hard mopar guys on the HAMB so if any of you could answer a question for me.

.......I would like to get rid of the Fluid Drive on this car it just makes it so difficult to drive and enjoy this car.... A Three speed would be my favorite way to go but do you guys have any other way this can be done? Also is there anyone outthere that has a three speed setup for sale? Where did you get your flanges to fit stock carbs to turn your stock intake into a dual -pot manifold?

8. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

sold my 46 chrysler, so i own no mopar products that i know of right now. oh yeah 4 chrysler 1946 rims :)

9. jaco

jaco

Here's my two
    1930 shortened from a frour door
    [​IMG]
    and my newest project 48 dodge panel van
    [​IMG]

10. Big Dad

Big Dad

Yeah .. I have a few old Mopars ...
    The Desoto is a 46 ..It has a 440 under the hood, trick suspension
    Next one I'll finish

11. Big Dad

Big Dad

This is my current obsession
    Its my 64 Plymouth drag car ..Been under construction for 8 + years

Should be completed within next few weeks .
    500 inch wedge ..expected e.t. mid 9's .. but, be happy if it just moved under its own power and did not break

12. Big Dad

Big Dad

This is my old Plymouth wagon ..
    Needs some interior work ..But its not awful right now

If anyone spots a cherry tailgate..Let me know

13. Big Dad

Big Dad

My old Dodge truck ..
    Project almost completed ..needs a little this, little that but
    more or less ..finished

14. BigThree

BigThree

Here's a pic of my project '52 Cranbrook I just lowered. Its not the best pic cause its stuck in the garage at the moment. Workin on the rear brakes, I just set it on jack stands at ride height and stuck a tire in there to see how low it sat. Nothing fancy or complete at the moment, but I'm proud none the less.

15. ElPlymino

ElPlymino
    from Orcutt

Looking good. Do I see a 49 front bumper and possibly welded up headlite trim rings? What tires are those?

16. BigThree

BigThree

Hey thanks, I've been batting around the idea of welding them up actually and yes those are 49 bumpers. Still doing some massaging to get the fit just right. As far as the tires go, 2 are Dunlop G-78 and the others are Godfather H-78. They're really old Bias Ply's that I picked up for next to nothing. I'm working on painting some wide whites from radials like I read in a diff post too. I've got all kinds of mods and little details goin on with this thing. hoping to get it on the ground and out the garage to get some real good pics of it to share.

17. mike nixon

mike nixon

a buddy of mine's building a 41 plymouth sedan i sold him. we just finished up putting an s-10 frame under it tonight.

i've got another buddy with what has to be the ugliest 55 chrysler windsor built. pink on the outside and seafoam green in the inside. solid car with 70% original paint.

he also has a 48 plymouth 4dr sedan.

mike
    mike

18. I like the way you guys parked the poncho and the plymouth next to the new car to let some "cool" be absorbed off your rides:D

19. tattfrog

tattfrog

I'm building a 36 Dodge Truck with a SBC and 4 speed,I'm also using ford running gear.

20. My daily driver is a 50 dodge bis coupe pretty much stock now except wheels and tires. Got 12"wide rims with 4 3/4" backspace 295 60 15 tires fills up fender real nice. The old 6 is gettin tired ,got sweet little 273 I am planning on installing soon.

21. Chevy

Chevy

Man, this post is old, a lot has happened since it first started. I learnt how to post a picture.... and most importantly, I got my old plymouth on the road.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EVL401 likes this.
  22. Juztyn00

Juztyn00

Well I've just started my mopar project... this is how it sits now. 1955 Dodge Coronet Royal.. The plan is to rebuild the floor, find a rear glass, 360 TBI from a 91 van, 4 spd stick, prolink rear and bags all the way around... Going to keep the 20 year old flat black paint. ... maybe add a few pinstripes:D

Attached Files:

23. 41 C28

41 C28

48 Dodge Club Coupe with a 318.

24. I posted a reply to this thread a couple years ago, and thought I'd post an updated pic of my '56 Belvedere.

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  25. hkestes

hkestes

Here is mine.

Currently have the front suspension out from under it doing new brakes at the same time.

Next will be the dual offy intake, Fenton cast iron headers, finned side covers and HEI ignition on the 218

Also have a wiring kit and AC waiting.

[​IMG]

26. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

My boy has been working on this one for a while. Its A 47 3 door sedan deluxe and its his first build. He streached the front doors 6 inches and shrunk the rears. Filled in the passanger rear door, and did a 3.5" taper chop. Lots, and lots of body mods.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. 37PlyCoupe

37PlyCoupe

Here's my 1937 Plymouth P4 Business Coupe. I bought it in Feb. of this year. Been banging out dents so far. Going to sell the engine and trans to make way for an early hemi (in my dreams) also got a pair of rear fenders for sale too. Looking for the trim and badge that goes on the grill. Any mopar guys in South Texas? PM me? Ray.

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  28. The_Monster

The_Monster

Heres my 27 dodge sedan 4 door Im working on. I sold the rolling chassis. Next Ill fab my frame. last pic is just a photoshop mock up

Attached Files:

29. SHIPFITTER1955

SHIPFITTER1955
    BANNED
    from wyo

30. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

[​IMG]

Currently trying to get a Malibu frame to go under this.

Being next to an river has caused the paint to start coming off, and is rusting the hell right out of it.

But hey, its a four door, with no front floor pan, and most people would've just parted it out. I'd like to try to save it.