Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone coming to Myrtle Beach/Run To the Sun?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tetanusshot, Feb 18, 2010.

1. It's a nice three day show and swap meet in Myrtle Beach. It's put on by the local Pee Dee Street Rodders. Last year about 2500-3000 cars were registered and many more around the grounds. Look me up! I'll be there with my 59 GMC Fleet Option!

2. Steve-Cook

Steve-Cook
    from Garner, NC

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Dates? I'd like to go!

4. March 18-20th. Go to peedeestreetrodders.com for more info. I am not affiliated with the show by the way. Just a great show and this year it's three blocks down from my office. While not quite as good/big as the Charlotte Show, it is two blocks from the beach this year and a great warm up for Charlotte. On Thursday night they have a huge cruise up Ocean Blvd, right up the old strip. Also, the area is hard hit by the recession so hotel rates should be better than normal this year.

5. Grinderspark

Grinderspark

Are they still jamming the parking lot full at the Waccamaw?
    Check your PM's---!

6. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

While the event HAS BEEN quite large at times, there is NOT much HAMB friendly stuff there. It is a Camaro/Chevelle/Mustang snooze fest IMHO. BUT ... I guess that's better than sitting @ home ... :)

They do donate a ... LOT ... of money to charity ... so that's a good thing :D

7. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

No ... the event has been moved ... :D :D

8. yeah, it was out of control over there at Waccamaw. This year it's across the waterway at the old Myrtle Square Mall location. It's now about a 40+ acre vacant lot on a high dune overlooking the strip. It slopes right down to the ocean. Got your P.M. I'll see what I can do!

9. Deuce, you're pretty on target but I did see a lot of good stuff in there last year. Heck, I like the muscle cars too! Last year I had my 52 panel there for sale to appease my wife. I had a sign in the widow the size of a business card with teeny tiny letters with the price and other info. Dunno why I didn't sell?? :eek:

10. hotrodfrank

hotrodfrank
    from dearing,ga

a good many of my brothers from the csra road angels will be there, i might make it one day, just cruise up to check it out.

11. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

The Retarded Sparks will be there in force. Last year we rolled about 28 cars down. Anyone from Charlotte area can meet up with us....we meet at the Mc. D's in Lancaster at 10 a.m. and take an easy cruise down, with plenty of stops for b.s. and seeing the sites.

12. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

I should be there. Went last year. Surprised how many cars were there. There were some pretty good cars there also.
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

13. ol'chevy. Love the paint work! I have an AD 52 Panel. Love them trucks.

14. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Well, come see me at the beach. Anyone is welcome to fall into our caravan to the show, just be there by 10.

How was the ride back in the T bucket, Will? You sold that Falcon wagon yet?

15. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

The 31 roadster was a lot of fun to drive back. I sold it to a guy in Raleigh who is enjoying it. I just sold the other week the Falcon wagon to a guy in Malibu to be a surf wagon. I am going to go surfing with him in it in March!

Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

16. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

$90,000 for Multiple Sclerosis last year is incredible. There were a lot of 90's style, but there were some nice cars. There were a couple of cars that had been in Rod and Custom there. Surprised me.

Rims on The River in Wilmington, NC is coming up April 17, 2010.

Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

17. I expect there to be some bargains there this year. Last year there was a nice 52 5 window chevy truck in lustre black, v8, muncie 4 spd, A/C, the works for $6000. The guy had to have had 12k in it. I still think about that deal and it pisses me off I couldn't get it!

18. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

That Falcon was the first vehicle I pinstriped, besides my truck. I always wanted to do a wide red stripe with white hibiscus flowers inside-down the side.

19. killer-D

killer-D

I will have a pinstriping booth set up with Old School Flake.Come see me

20. I'll be there.

21. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Darrin! I didn't know you were on here. Where you staying? We are at the Sandcastle South...they have some pretty good rates right now, come hang with us.

Russ

22. robert56, hope you bring that truck! I'd love to check that out in person...

23. flamed34

flamed34

We usually try to make it down, but it's been hard with work schedules the last 2 years. Not certain if we can get away this year...Charlotte swap is only a couple of weeks after and I have to have time off for that (I'd rather buy parts for my current projects!)

24. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

While I'd love to hit the swap meet, it's too rich for my blood.

25. I'm hoping that is not the case at the swap meet. I think it will be a buyer's market this year with the economy faltering 18 straight months

26. lowphat53

lowphat53
    from Virginia

I'll be there with my 60. I've been about 5 years straight now and love this show. Looking forward to the new location even though my hotel room is right across from Waccamaw... Should be fun.

27. lowphat53, we'll see if the new location works better. I think it might get a little tight in the new spot! The new digs is on Oak Street. Look for a black 52 panel sitting at my office a few blocks south of the show.

28. I'll be there of course. I have room for a few trailers in my yard, I live about 10 miles from the show. Sometimes the hotels get nutty about trailers in their parking lots. If you need a spot, drop me a PM.

The new location is a HUGE improvement. I'm sure it'll be much better than Waccamaw

29. Will be there too... I too have plenty of room for trailers. Loris is about 30 miles from the show site but for most people traveling this way you will damn near pass my front door. Will be glad to help.