Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone 'bag a '57 Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AntiBling, Jan 5, 2009.

1. AntiBling

AntiBling

Alright just curious if anyone on here has 'bagged a '57 Ford or the same suspension?

Just wondering what people did on the front? I've got double convoluted 2600 LB bags right now.

Really looking for some pictures to see how much you cut if you had to cut at all.

I ordered some cups for a 88-98 fullsize chevy pickup and the upper cup will fit fine but I'll have to cut up the frame for bag clearance something fierce and the main things that has me worried is there is the thick plate on the outside that the suspension rides on at full extension, and it appears the spring cup is double walled and if I cut it out down below will it screw anything up.

Or would a sleeved bag solve my problems here?

I've also considered taking the lower cup to a machine shop, having them chucking it in a lathe and cutting it down to about 1" and welding the cut off portion to the upper cup to bring it down more so the bag doesn't go up in the cup but the bag has 8"s of travel and at full extension between the lower A-arm and the frame is only 6.5"s.

2. alteredimage

alteredimage

You definetly need double convoluted bags up front. Slam re6's may work for you 6" dia at the widest. As more preasure is put in them they get skinnier and taller. Some pics may help.

3. AntiBling

AntiBling

I've got Firestones right now, the RE6's collapsed are only 6"s? Those may work. I'll have to get pics tomorrow I didn't have my camera with at the shop today.