Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody own an Eastwood buffer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nowaxn5, Aug 5, 2011.

1. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Got an overtime shift at work today and I'm thinking I'll treat myself to buying a buffer so I can get going on some stainless for the Caddy. This is something I've wanted for quite a while now. I'm looking to get the kit that comes with the 2 speed 1 horse motor, stand, 10" wheels and compounds.

I'm sure someone on here has one and I'm wondering how happy they are with it. Any reviews?

2. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

I'm pretty sure I can get you some wheels and compounds cheaper than Eastwood if you are interested. We buy this stuff in bulk at our shop.

I even have extra used polishing lathes from buying out other shops, large and small.

I would need to know the shaft diameter of the Eastwood machine to see if we have any wheels of that size. Our large buffers are 1.25 diameter shafts, but we have smaller wheels to accomodate our handheld machines.

I can't say anything about the machine itself; I've never used theirs.

I noticed you are in Muskegon. I was born and raised in Muskegon, I was just there last weekend enjoying the rarely warm Lake Michigan water and visiting family. I miss it so...

3. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

don't know about Eastwood's but i made my own with a 1/2 & a1/4 motors W/ace hardware add on arbors i buy my wheels & compounds from harbor freight,i have maybe less than $40 tied up in the whole thing,i have a couple washing machine motors that i'm gonna do the same thing out of....P.S buy some gloves & masks--it's dirty-dirty job.
    check youtube for videos.