Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods anybody know what became of this 32 3 window?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GreggAz, Jul 10, 2008.

1. GreggAz

GreggAz

This all began a few years back when a group of us from Az were on our way to the final Shifter's Anti Blessing. We left Phx late friday night, drove through the night, into the greater LA area. Almost to our destination, a car in the group had some minor trouble and we pulled off the highway to fix it. It was early in the morning, we stopped outside of a carburetor shop to fix the car in the parking lot.

While some of the group were fixing the problem I took a walk down to the end of the street. On the way back I saw something I didn't expect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If I remember right I ran back and found Jerry, and a few of us walked back down to look. While we were standing there the owner came out of the shop. The guy lived in his shop, and had a bunch of cool stuff stashed there like the race boat on it's side against the fence. He talked with us for a while, told us that him and his brother had raced it at the lakes, and at some point installed an overhead motor in it. After that it was parked there, and covered. The cover had blown off in the high winds the night before. He was a bit surprised that we were actually driving old cars. About that time Mike had his problem fixed, and we headed out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple years after that I had a friend who had the resources to try to buy the car and we went back. For a week before the trip I tried to call the shop, and never had an answer. When we got there, the shop was mostly cleaned out, and the 32 was gone. We talked to the guys back at the carb shop, and they told us that the guy who owned the shop had been found dead a few days before, and that the family had been cleaning the place out.

Anybody else ever see this car? anybody know what ever became of it?

2. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Holy crap, Gregggski, is this what you and Frank Streff were talking about at the studio? I don't remember hearing about the dead part....yikes, bummer of a story.

Hope the car turns up.

3. HotRod_Joe

HotRod_Joe

Wow. This sounds like the beginning of a movie! I hope you find out what happened to the car. Good luck.

4. The Dodge Guy

The Dodge Guy

5. Theyre still out there....amazing story. I wonder if the Family know what the car is and what it means, or do they think it should go to China and come back as toasters GASP !!

Rat

6. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Surely someone is also pondering the fate of that sweet Ranchero.....

Neat story, hope the car (the 32) turns up unharmed.

-Abone.

7. GreggAz

GreggAz

after talking with JEEM, I am trying to remember what year these were taken... it must have been 2001 or so.

I only dream of being able to own this car, I just hope it has found a good home.

in the photos you can see the chop, but not the 50 pontiac tali lights. Also the race boat is on the trailer in front of the car.

8. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

You could maybe do a little research.His estate would have to be probated.Sometimes they move it out to sell the property.I'd find out the name of the guy who owned the building and then check death notices.Then check with the probate court.
    Once you get it,you can sell it to me....:rolleyes:

9. James427

James427
    BANNED

The shop's boat was in the "show me your cool old speedboats" post with the trademark orange paint and the name of the shop painted on it. Maybe whoever posted those pics knows what heppened.

10. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Interesting story...keep lookin'!

11. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

whoa. cool story.

12. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

In the story he states that the family was cleaning out after the death.

Assuming he was married, all property would have gone to the wife (even if he had passed intestate), and would not have gone through probate. If he did have a will, but less than $100k in assets, probate would again be bypassed.

13. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

interesting story. I'd assume he wasn't married, considering he was living in his shop ... although ... you never know.

14. I am wondering this is the same company that made the Knudsen Speed gear in the 50's and 60's? I just sold an intake from Knudsen made in Downey, California.