Register now to get rid of these ads!

anybody know of an intake for 1 rochester on a sbc?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tr12, May 14, 2008.

1. tr12

tr12

i just picked up a seventies chevy truck motor with the original intake and carb.i want to run the carb,just not the cast intake if possible i know offy and edelbrock offer the three deuce manifoulds,but i wanna run 1 for fuel economy cause i want this to be my daily in the summer.anyone got any ideas where to start?i may settle for running two if one isnt available.any ideas on who offers or offered a manifold like this?

any help would be great
    Troy

2. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

Why not run a three pot and block off the other two?

3. You would likely get as good or better mileage with a spread bore 4 bbl tuned for mileage.

4. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

2 options here.. The small rochester 2 bbl (ya they made 2 sizes and the small one really worked well for mileage) or a quadrajet. The nice part of the q jet is the primaries are little bitty but when ya need it the secondaries are huge
    Dave

5. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Why not run the cast intake?

6. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Use to be able to get adapter plates to mount a single 2bl. on a 4 bl. manifold. If you cant find one they are easy to make.

7. tr12

tr12

i think ill make an adapter thanks for the idea.

8. tr12

tr12

keep your ideas comin though

9. rdachsdog

rdachsdog
    from michigan

Could a TBI aluminum manifold be drilled for the carb base?

10. Since you aren,t going for performance what could possibly be wrong with an original intake? An older non egr intake would be fine.....

11. Mopar34

Mopar34

Can you buy block off plates or do you have to make them yourself??
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

12. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

that cast intake is like having a passenger in the car at all times. Anything you can do to lighten a car will help MPG. 1 lb off the rims is like 4 off the chassis.

13. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Look in the Speedway cataloge. Some oval tracks have a two bbl. rule and Eledabrock makes one.

14. David Chandler

David Chandler

Check the scrapyards, and look for a aluminum factory 2bbl intake. These have an egr valve, which can be blocked off, and are made for the larger 2bbl carb. I ran one with an adaptor plate with a small holley on a 305, and it worked fine. Also I think they made some with the funky dual jet, which is like the primary side of a Qjet. These are aluminum too. But if milage is your primary goal, perhaps the early cast iron intake with the small carb would be one option, if you were really trying to avoid a 4bbl. These would have smaller runners to keep the velocity up internally.