Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody in the Northeastern US Know Where My Old Model A Coupe Ended Up????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4ever18, Apr 10, 2011.

1. 4ever18

4ever18

Back in the late 1990's (probably '98 or '99), I sold my 1930 Model A coupe Hiboy to a local fellow by the name of Randy Moore (Kingsport, TN). I kept my tires & wheels, as well as the engine. Randy installed steel wheels, wide white wall tires, and large three bar spinner wheel covers, along with a 350 Chevy. Randy drove the car to the Knoxville, TN NSRA Streetrod Nationals South, where he sold the car to someone in the northeastern US (he doesn't remember the fellow's name or state). The last that I heard was the the car has since had the roof chopped and the body painted yellow. The car will have a state of Tennessee issued VIN#. I had replaced the roof with one from another car, without chopping the car. The frame was painted VERY slick black and the chassis components were painted VERY slick Porche India red. The car had Pete & Jakes four bar front end, Super Bell axle ('49/'54 Chevy spindles & drum brakes), early Nova 10 bolt rear with Corvair front coil springs and '56 Ford front shocks (on the rear). The brake pedal & master cylinder were from a '57 Chevy truck. Oh yeah, the fuel tank was an old Opel station wagon version. If you know of the car, I'd love to chat with the current owner and know where it is today. Here are a few photos of the car, when I owned it.

Attached Files:

2. jmon77

jmon77
    from Tennessee

Good luck Darrell. I hope you find it.

3. Draggin wagon

Draggin wagon

this sure looks like one i have seen in Valporaiso IN.. I seen it in black for a while then yellow.. He was at barnes and nobles often in valpo.. I will do some research for ya if and when i have some time..

4. 4ever18

4ever18

Thank you very much. When I filled the roof, I used fiberglass mat & resin - followed by padding and the stock style vinyl. I'd never seen another one done this way. Hopefully, my homemade rear spring mounts, the fiberglassed top insert, and other identifying featured mentioned in my originial posting will help identify the car.

Thanks, again.
    Darrell

5. jmon77

jmon77
    from Tennessee

Any luck yet?

6. 4ever18

4ever18

Thank you very much. I appreciate any kind of assistance that you can provide. The owner may not even know that the seller wasn't the builder. I began the project in 1977 and worked on the car (off and on) for roughly 20 years.