Register now to get rid of these ads!

anybody have some pics of this incredible 49 chevy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, Dec 18, 2004.

1. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

And while we are at it (Shoebox Ford),does anybody have more pics of this beauty owned by a certain John R. in CA ?

[​IMG]

I already search for more info on this sled in an other topic without any results yet.I got many shots showing the car like this but really would like to see a rear shot...

2. glassguy

glassguy

man you got some patience!!!!!!! what a shitty time consuming job it is to get a hood striaght after that..good job

3. delaware george

delaware george
    from camden, de

[ QUOTE ]
    man you got some patience!!!!!!! what a shitty time consuming job it is to get a hood striaght after that..good job

[/ QUOTE ]

you can say that again [​IMG]

4. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    it wasn't to bad. i put some heatfence(tm) along the rod i welded on to the hood. was a 3 day job.

you can see some heating i had to do to it.

Attached Files:

5. glassguy

glassguy

oh yeah isnt shrinking fun!! i love rubbing my hand down a panel i just shrunk and slap filed..then dipping it in laquer thinner haha

6. epinut

epinut

[ QUOTE ]
    heres the hood getting peaked. thats why you see the car with no hood. i had it. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Real nice work on the hood there. In the first pic of it in this thread I saw the hood was in grey primer, can't wait to see pics of it finished...

7. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

Epinut, you have good eye sight...

8. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

i like the looks of this chebby, not the interior tho

[​IMG]

9. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I know I posted all ready o this but I cant begin to describe how blown away Ive been by what these guys do. Who ever built that DeSoto is a fuckin genius and I have a hard time beleiving it aint a Draggin Shop car or someone in the same circle.. Looking at what these guys have done by creating their own style with complete mastery of traditional custom proportion and cool brings up every emotion I have.This comes from a guy who has studied every curve and memorized every last detail of every custom Ive ever seen whether it was in the far back ground of a picture or in person

10. 54BOMB

54BOMB

This is the best topic ive seen, its why im on the hamb , to see chopped,frenched, peaked,decked,shaved, KUSTOM chevrolets. I love it!

11. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

This is an absolutly awsome thread. I started out planning on just looking at what car it was that the thread topic was speaking of and then proceeded to rear the whole thing. beautiful cars, all of em. TheFrenZ, you have one hell of a collection of sled pics, thanks for sharing.

12. 133

hey Frenz, would you happen to have any extra pics of the interior of the red/silver Merc convert? thanks.

13. Rikster

Rikster

Here are a few more pictures of that awesome Ford HT.
    The lip around the grille is such a perfect idear, as is the totally perfect HT chop

<center>
    <image src=http://images8.fotki.com/v119/photos/2/223020/1465208/541484_167_full-vi.jpg>
    </center>

Perfect rear angle photo

<center>
    <image src=http://images8.fotki.com/v120/photos/2/223020/1465208/Weesner49back-vi.jpg>
    </center>

And here is it before it was painted copper. I do like these hubcaps better than the old units it has now

<center>
    <image src=http://images7.fotki.com/v117/photos/2/223020/1465208/bp2-vi.jpg>
    </center>

and to come back at the dark maroon 49 Chevy, here is a photo of the genious taillights.

<center>
    <image src=http://images8.fotki.com/v120/photos/2/223020/1442854/Dsc07809-vi.jpg>
    </center>

Rik

http://public.fotki.com/Rikster

14. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Hey Rikster !
    Wow ! Thank you so much for the pics !!! Finally a rear shot. The Ford definitely looks damn hot.I also like the other hubcaps more.They simply are "cleaner" looking than the Fiestas.
    The close-up shot of the bumper guard is cool too.It doesn't get any better than this...Please feel free to post more pics.Again,thank you.You made my day. [​IMG]

15. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

[ QUOTE ]
    hey Frenz, would you happen to have any extra pics of the interior of the red/silver Merc convert? thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about this ?

[​IMG]

16. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

My friend Jessie from LA yesterday told me this Merc belongs to Richard Freng,a german living in the States.His son-in-law is responsible for the body work and paint.He also painted Jessie's '51 Ford.

[​IMG]

The car actually is a '50 with extended '51 quarters and '54 Packard lights,the rear bumper is '55 Lincoln,front bumper is '52 Packard,the grille is a one-off and the side trim is '55 Buick of course.

17. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

More Garcia madness...

[​IMG]

18. FONZI

FONZI

if anyone is interested. I started to make a set of taillight guards very similar to the ones on that maroon chevy. I am going to complete them and they will be for sale as i am not using em on my chevy now.

FONZI

19. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Couldn't resist to post these pics of the Kaiser.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone tired of this car ?

20. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Rob Fortier's '53 Chevy.Very well built car.Cloudy day in So-Cal...

[​IMG]

Does anyone know who is responsible for this ?

21. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

What a great post.
    FrenZ, you're the man, great photos.

Now I'm in a real quandry, looking at all those suede paint jobs makes me wanna go back to the original plan on my '54.

Suede or shiny, that is the question.

22. glassguy

glassguy

hey nads ..go shiney!!!!!!!!!! personelly im tired of suede,although it really looks good on theses cars..was havn 2nd thoughts myself..

23. v8minor

v8minor

Nads I am thinkin the same thing. Shiney is nice but it also shows up all the ripples and my car is full of bondo!!

24. 54BOMB

54BOMB

I like the suede look if its not flat black, if you have some color to it like that copper ford up above, its not totally flat its not super show car paint a good mix inbetween.

25. Donzie

Donzie

Yep, this is great post.

I think this car is a perfect example showing you don't have to chop a Fleetline to make it look good.
    Low is the way to go.

Attached Files:

26. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

If anyone's interested there's an ultra clean stock '52 Chevy Fleetline in my neighborhood for $6200. I think it's too much money myself, but he'd probably take less.

27. thesupersized

thesupersized

[ QUOTE ]
    does nebody have pics of a early gm fastback i believe that has what i think is 54 poncho grill frenched in for a rear bumper?, i believe the car is located in japan

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the one my brother is talking about...sorry for the bad pics...does anyone have any nice ones?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and it was in this r&amp;c

[​IMG]

28. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

thanks for all the incredible pictures,,,,,,i'm going with a suede on my chevy too,,,,,when i have the paint mixed, i'm gonna have the paint guy substitute white pearl for the metallic in the paint formula...gives all the curves a real soft look,,,,,,i will spend some $$ getting all the chrome real nice,,,,mine will be chopped/hardtopped, with extended quarters, sectioned trunk, peaked hood, 52 Packard side spears, 49 Caddy front bumper (mounted on the rear), with taillights built into the cool looking bumper guards they have, i piece olds windshield, and a 48 olds grille,,,,i set it in the grille opening and it almost looks like it was made for the car!.....

29. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

DAMN,,,,i thought i was being original with the 48 olds grille idea...lol,,,he must have been posting that one at the same time i was,,,,,,oh well,,,i'm still gonna do it,,,it does look killer, no?

30. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

it sho does i love that car