Register now to get rid of these ads!

anybody have any use for this vintage aluminum oil pan)?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ironhunter, Feb 5, 2006.

1. ironhunter

ironhunter

I don't do bowties, and I sure don't need this thing sitting around to trip over. Dunno how old it is or what years it would fit. If it was for a Nailhead or a Caddy, you'd have to pry it outta my dead fingers. Since it fits a bowtie it needs a loving home. Couple cracks at the back, needs a bead blasting bad. Has drain on both sides and a boss with 3/8-16 threads at the bottom on the front.

Rather see a HAMBer with it than joblow on Ebay. Best offer will get it, and you don't like it after you see it in person, I'll refund ya dough. Don't need the pan but I don't want no HAMBers thinkin I poked ya without lube

Attached Files:

2. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I believe it is a SBC Marine pan........the dual drain plugs are the give away...

:)

4. Paul

Paul
    Editor

or big block chevy but yes marine...

5. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Here's an idea:
    If you can't put it on the bottom of your engine, put it on the top.
    With a little shop work it would make a cool aircleaner or scoop!

6. ironhunter

ironhunter

If it were for anything other than a SBC, I might consider that. hehehe

7. Hi Ray- where ya been man?

8. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

Just so you know, that's a Mercruiser SBC oil pan. It originally came with a windage tray and extended main cap bolts that held the tray. In good shape (no cracks) I usually get from $200-$400 for them at swaps or ebay.

Someone should enjoy this one.

9. ironhunter

ironhunter

Thanks modernbeat...I got a feeling somebody will end up with a bargain, since I don't care what it brings as long as it goes to the highest bidding HAMBer.

Right now I got $25 and shipping on it. That's what it's gonna bring if nobody else wants it

HEY CHOPRODS!!! whaya been doin? I need to post some pics of that badass little Plymouth hiboy, don't I? You guys ain't seen that one in awhile. It's progressed a little, but mainly in places not seen. After the suspension was finished I started collecting more parts that I needed. You can't call an 800 number and sit in a chair waiting for the brown truck when you are building a Studebaker-powered Plymouth! I been making a bunch of cast aluminum pieces for it, casting some and machining others from chunks of cast that were previously something else. I think I'm gonna name it NoBoTi. That's Kentucky Ridge-Runner slang for "no bow tie". hehehe! Not a Chevy part or a billet part on it anywhere. If it ain't vintage steel, it's cast aluminum or stainless.

Sorry, I started rambling. Talk to me, man!

10. ironhunter

ironhunter

Just got a bid, $50 + shipping. going once...

11. ironhunter

ironhunter

Going twice...

12. ironhunter

ironhunter

Sold! Mazdaslam got it. Glad to see that a HAMBer will use it and I won't be trippin over it anymore