Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody going to the Charlotte Auto Fair Aug 25-29?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thunderplex, Aug 23, 2010.

1. thunderplex

thunderplex

...stop by TO73 & SO74 in the Orange field (turn 4 near the tunnel road) and drink a beer with us!!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  2. Can't make it this time! But you can bet your stars that I'll be there in the spring! Hope to make a loooong weekend of it!

Have a great time!

3. I will try to look you up.

4. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

The OFFICAL HAMB VILLAGE
    is in the Blue field.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    6 or 8 Hambers always hang out there and sell parts. All lead by Modifiedrivers ... ( slum landlord :D )

6. ooo ooo,,, I'll be there!!

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Count me in!!! I'd like to be there Friday but if nothing else Saturday I'm there!!! Let me know where the deals on magazines are if you see them. And the Iron Lords may head to breakfast beforehand on Saturday morning if we can get all us hooligans up that early!

8. I'll be up Sat for a quick trip (trying to get Brad54 to come too)- hope to see you guys there!

9. flamed34

flamed34

Heading down Thursday morning. Will be in the blue field with a '48 Chevy for for sale along with some miscellaneous cast offs from other projects.

10. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I will be there with my dad, searching out some 15" steelies in 4x4 1/2. If they even exist. Can't wait to see some of your rides.

11. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

How does it compare to the early as far as the swap, are there as many vendors?

12. The spring show is always bigger than the fall one. They keep screwing with the dates too, practically changing them every year, which has some folks confused as to which damned weekend this thing actually takes place. Will still be a good chance to find those oddball items you've been lookin for.

I'll be there Friday and Saturday. On Saturday, I will actually have my 'bird (turd?) on the front infield with the Ford Owners Association of the Carolinas. Guess I'll swing by say "whattup?".

13. Wouldn't mind finding some 15" steelies and rings for the 'bird. Also goin lookin for some headlight surrounds from a 60's Econoline van.

14. beanis

beanis

Yeah, I'll be there with my goofy old bastud friends and my piece of sh_t truck. Obviously they're "hard-up" for display vehicles this year.;)
    http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/tickets/fall_autofair/577350.html
    I'll have a beer (or 12) with ya!

15. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I'm gonna have to write down those numbers on my goodies list we usually hit the orange field first, And definitely a stop at the HAMB Village. We'll be there Saturday

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Mmmm... Pancakes... Hook it up.

17. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

BEANIS,

I defiently going to check out your ride, when i get there saturday that is awesome

18. count me in for friday!

19. oldskoolflyer13

oldskoolflyer13

Leavin fayetteville at 5:30...tryn to do that whole "early bird gets the worm" deal for my shopping list ('36 ford dash (or another cool one), 16x4 fords, edelbrock x3 6x2 manifold for chrylser 331....or a 3x2, 1929 NC plate, and other randomness like 1957 chrysler 300 air cleaners.

Anyone else headn up from Fayettnam?????

20. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

I usually go down on saturday and sunday, is friday the better day to go deal wise on parts?

21. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Don't know about deals but there not as much of a crowd and the green field isn't as full either usually due to folks working Thursday and Friday.

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

All depends. Sunday is great too when you can get some deals. I like Friday because I feel like it's not as packed.

23. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

SUNDAY is a go home day for most of the swappers ...
    No much left and generally HIGH if they have not yet sold it.
    Most will have the spots again ... so they do not lower their prices. :(

I always do better on Thursday/Friday either buying or selling.
    The crowd on Saturday is generally " lookers " or " Mister ... I will be back types " At least that is my experience

I have been to every Spring Charlotte AutoFair since they moved from the Metrolina Fairgrounds to the Charlotte Motor Speedway. That was in the mid to late 70's. I think it was 1977.

Fall AutoFair ... is usually hot and has been moved around date wise a good bit. It used to be the same weekend as Shades of the Past in Pigeon Forge TN ... so I missed a few fall AutoFairs.

The Fall swap meet can be good ... but there does seem to be a serious lack of pre WWII parts and cars ... compared to the Spring event.

24. oldskoolflyer13

oldskoolflyer13

i would think saturday or sunday....a lot of people try to get their stuff sold by end of saturday.....good deals are always depending on how the seller is too (IMO). I'll be out there wheeling and dealing first thing...cash talks

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

As usual guys, I call dibs on the Affordable Ardun Heads, Kinmont Brakes, and V8-60 axles. I'm just sayin'.

26. oldskoolflyer13

oldskoolflyer13

Anyone comes across a (non u-fab) 6x2 or 3x2 intake for a chrylser 331,354,392 or a 36 ford dash...let me know....9109168653 call or text

27. i'm gonna head out of fayettenam sat morning around 6...have a few things i'm looking for and i have a pocketfull of cash....so i'm sure i wont find anything!!

28. oldskoolflyer13

oldskoolflyer13

Trust me... i know the feeling...bringin a handful of cash and a few tradeable items. Worst case scenario....I find some jack in the box on the way back and unload the same stuff Im loadn up on Friday

29. 66L-79

66L-79

I will be in the orange field saleing parts too my spots are ZO 57,58 and 59 this is in the middle of turns three and four closer to turn four stop by and say hello. Also will have my 33 Dodge pickup out on the race track in the middle of turns three and four it will be the one with the Sinclair sign on the doors and the bicycle in the back.

30. oldskoolflyer13

oldskoolflyer13

as long as their is no act of God, congress, or the woman....i should be there and will make sure to stop by and meet some fellow HAMBers to the area