Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody deal with Howells sheetmetal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Acey_Deucey, Sep 29, 2008.

1. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

Last week I bought a few sheetmetal parts for my roadster through them(fordor.com). I bought it all through paypal and never heard anything back. No email. No call. I left a message and they never called back. Has anybody had this problem before?

2. brady1929

brady1929

do a search for howells sheet metal. you will find plenty of info.

3. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I ordered door skins once and it took like 3 weeks. I ordered the same a year later and had them in 6 days?!? I do know that the biz was recently handed down to the next generation. I hope all goes well.

4. Their place was right in the path of Huricane Ike .maybe they got more troubles than we know about right now..They always gave me good service!

5. I've always had good service too.

6. bustingear

bustingear

I have used them they are the real deal. I think once in awhile they are out bending sheet metal when they dont answer the phone. Expect a little alteration on your part as their patch panels are not perfect fits.

7. I downloaded their catalog a few days ago and plan to buy from them in the future. TCoupeKyle works near there and has been to the place. He used their stuff on his coupe, fit well. As far as getting stuff shipped, well...

8. i think that there should be some threads that everyone should be made to read before becoming a member here
    think of it as a test.... like a drivers exam
    so that the same subject doesnt come up every week
    USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION
    here are a few more things that if you here about them that have been covered ALOT
    the cars in europe in a barn that was locked for ever..... FUCKING DIDNT HAPPEN
    eelco the new buisness or vintage speed.... FUCKING SUCK
    and howell sheet metal... THEY TAKE FOREVER AND THEY NEVER FUCKING CALL YOU BACK
    thank you and have a nice day
    tk

9. jetmek

jetmek

had no problem with the service but the parts needed a lot of rework. on the other hand where else ya gonna get a steel 26 decklid?

10. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

thanks guys. i will just keep waiting!