Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Tricks To Try To Get Someone To Sell Something?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tr12, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tr12

tr12

Well,yesterday I Found A Very Clean,loose Flathead Sitting In A Rought But Complete F1 Truck From Like 52.its A Dump Truck,very Complete,and I Just Want Some Parts Off The Flattie.theres Also What Used To Be A 42 Chevy Truck-turned-tractor Thats Up To Its Frame In Mudand Like3 All Thats There Is The Drivetrain And Radiator.it Has Some Very Beautiful,not A Spot Of Rust On Em ,headlights And Also The Radiator That I Would Love For My Truck.
    Me And Jhhj0978 Thought Of A Way Toget Em Because He Dont Wanna Sell Em:bring In 2 Toolboxes,1 Empty,1 Full Of Tools.then You Could Load Up The Empty One With Parts.
    Anything You Guys Use To Get Parts?????????
    Troy

2. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Persistence?
    Just watch out for rock-salt...

3. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

You and Jhhj0978 should think on another way to get them besides stealing them.

4. Stealing car parts. Great idea.

ASSHOLES ! :mad: [​IMG]

If he doesn't want to sell them,keep looking.

5. ray

ray
    from colorado

you really think you are gonna get encouragement to go steal parts from us?

6. -Brent-

-Brent-

I use money to get parts.

7. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

You gotta be shitting me!
    I hope he sicks a fucking dog on you if you try some shit like that. No wonder we have a thread going on "the best excuse youve heard for not for sale" .

My buddy was selling his truck last summer and some ass stole the damn radiator cap.

8. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yep, show the cash... pull it out in front of them!

9. zbuickman

zbuickman

yep I hope you get bit or the hell beat out of you:mad:

10. Fairlane Dave

Fairlane Dave

Interesting thing about the owner not wanting to sell them is that they are HIS and he doesn't have to sell them if he doesn't want to. He might not even have a good reason to hold on to them, except that they are HIS.

So you really think people on here would encourage you to steal?

I think cash in hand and talking nice to the guy would do a lot better then being a thief. If he still says no, it's his perogative.

11. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

He's 15...
    I guess that illuminates things slightly.
    maybe he should try a message board for theives...

12. A word of advise , Do not try and steal my car parts. I hope someone steals parts from your tractor to give you a tatse of what it is like to have your stuff come up missing. Gee you could be a HAMburglar and give us all a bad name. Gary

13. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

I would BET good money that people in Youndstown Ohio,
    Don't like a THEIF anymore than anywhere else..
    Why not put up your address so we can come and look at your stuff that's not for sale!
    You Sir, are unbeleivable ........

14. tommy v

tommy v

so you [tr12] and [jhhj0978] are thieves huh, stay in ohio

15. tr12, you're a dumbass.

I hope he never sells you the parts. If you try to steal them, I hope you get caught.

Dumbass.

JH

16. HotRodRick49

HotRodRick49

I'll buy the parts for however much money it will take, just so you can't steal them.

If the guy told me a million dollars for that radiator, and I had an extra million laying around, I would buy it, and take picture of it, then send it to you, and just say...

Fuck you. Theres only one form of Steelers that can sometimes win, and they are in Pittsburgh.

17. GearHeadDiver

GearHeadDiver

Best thing....

Ask if there is anything (besides $$) that he is wantin'....go and find what he wants.... and trade.

Done!

Stealin' get people HURT!

18. tr12

tr12

ive decided to just use cash
    the toolbox thing was just a joke anyway we were just screwing around. I wouldnt steal the parts.anyway .sorry if i made any of you guys mad it really is his perogative anyways.that guy was an idiot for stealin that rad cap.thats just bein an ass.
    sorry for the misunderstanding,troy

19. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Ease up fella's. It was a joke.

These kids wouldn't steal, anymore than any of us would.

Remember when you were 15 ?! It just didn't come across the way it was intended.

Carry on:D

20. Searcher

Searcher

Sounds like you need some guidence at 15...
    So heres an attempt, with a little of my time.

If you approach people with honesty they will be more willing to help you.
    It will be a road you will find much easier and more rewarding in your future.

So I'd ask the guy if you can do anything in exchange for the parts. If he doesn't want to sell, then you just have to find them someplace else.
    And you have penty of time to do so at 15. So good luck getting the parts the right way.

21. Cool.

Sounds like Troy isn't a dumbass after all.

Good luck Troy.

JH

22. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

How about puttung a wanted ad in the classifieds. If you are going to spend some money give it to a HAMBer. I could use some.

23. kustombypook

kustombypook

What a little asshole. "Just screwin' around" Bullshit. If we would have told him to go for it and steal those parts, he'd have been all over it. He just said he was kidding because of all the crap he got in return.

24. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Try taking one toolbox full of tools and the other full of cash. And show the guy some respect. I have turned down way more that what something is worth if a guy came across as a jerk when he tried to buy something from me. Just remember, us old farts have all the money anyway and we dont have to sell anything if we dont want to.

25. Larry T

Larry T

If that's so, maybe he learned something here and that adds to the value of the HAMB.

Troy,
    Some COF's have been around long enough to spot a rookie gearhead and will work with you, if you come across as respectful, honest and sincere. Then again, there are some spiteful old folks that won't. If that's the case, just forget about the parts and look for them somewhere else.
    Larry T

26. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Try one tool box full of tools and one box full of honesty, integerety, character and a little respect and the guy may just remember when he decides to sell............

27. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

If you to decide to go this way, have someone let us know when you get caught so we can use you as an example.

28. henry29

henry29

Some on broke the window out of my 57 chevy and tried to hot wire it , it wouldnt start because I had left the lights on and the battery went dead.

I'm sure they were just joking also.
    I would have beat the shit out of them or shot them had I seen them and thats not a joke.

I kinda doubt you were joking.

29. Greg D

Greg D

Presently dealing with a semi similar situation on 3 T coupe bodies (yes it will likely take all 3 to make 1 usable one). The lady's husband passed away, he also had a T truck in the garage (quite nice but a basket case) and she would like to sell it as a "package". Very nice lady but I will just be patient and in the mean time try to help find a buyer for the truck and the rest of the parts. Just have to figure out a way to keep her son out of the picture - rude asshole.

30. people sometimes speak the truth in jest.. theres a sign at the end of my driveway , it reads "if you can read this , you are in range" pay it no mind , its just a joke!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.