Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any photos of 1942 Ford Trucks? or info please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by desertratrodder, Jan 4, 2004.

1. I have the opportunity to grab a Ford pickup, the guy says its a 1942. I thought they only made vehicles for the war at that time.
    Does anybody have a photo or info so I can verify this?

It is a flatbed, and has some front wheels that look like early VW, but look bigger. Its not a big truck, normal 1/2 ton size.I have no books to check on this, they dont include the war production. I can post photos tomorrow, I need to assemble the front clip to help identify it.
    If you read my New Years post it said I wouldnt BUY another project until I made progress on another... [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance...DRR

2. Iceberg

Iceberg

1942 - 47 Ford trucks are basically the same. I just sold off my war production '45 1-1/2 ton several months ago. The cabs will work on '40 & '41 trucks and the front clips will interchange. The motor should be a 239 (either a 99T of a 59A).

Attached Files:

3. Here is the pic of a 42-47 front clip I have AlthoughI did sell the hood, anyone want the rest?
    [​IMG]

4. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

I have a wartime 43 that went to the B&M Railroad. It has the original 1941 coded 221 mill and open drive with the serial on the tranny and frame saying it is indeed a 43.

Anything that was available got used during WW2. Since 42 production was only available to the public for about a month what you have could be anything. Check the serial on the tranny and compare to the frame VIN. Some guys over on Fordbarn can tell you the approximate date. Wartime will have painted grille and no bright trim.

Attached Files:

5. HotRodAV8

HotRodAV8
    from Seattle Wa

stole the steeringwheel out of a 42 ford, it is the same as a 40 way bitchen,,,,lot cheaper,,, untill I sold it