Register now to get rid of these ads!

any one actually put castors on the rear of their lowered car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotdamn, Mar 21, 2012.

1. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

There's such a thing?

2. If the sparks don't fly, you're too high!

3. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

ok, it took me a while to find only one fuckin picture... anyway , i found it !lol! :D

[​IMG]

Bettencourt's Merc, Barris version ...; that's back then! ;)

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Here's a thought, instead of worrying about where to hide the casters why not make them a part of the overall design? Put them in everyone's face. Make them extra large? Fitted into some bullets? Part of the rear fender flares or extended wheel covers? Part of a continental kit? Fab some custom caster assemblies with wheels that match the rest of your car's wheels and tires? Gary

5. I mounted mine on the bumper bracket.

Attached Files:

6. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

wow.:confused:

7. Would you use Castor Oil to lube those "castors?" Sorry, couldn't help myself there.

8. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

DAMN! i gotta get a scanner,there a 'tech' story on how to do this in some Little books in the early 50's--with a warning not to booster grocery store carts for their wheels :D {damn hoodlums} it said to use steel casters.

9. My 59 Mercury had a crazy long overhang out back with the continental kit, should have used the caster setup on it but just changed out the 4" echo can tailpipes annually instead...
    [​IMG]

10. AV88

AV88

T bones are a good idea , what hardness are ya thinkn like 95a ? And they would have to be hamb friendly so you'll need a nos set put two on the back of ya car one as a shift knob and one as a chain tensioner on ya bike

11. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

"If it works..." The good ol' boys like to say.............

4TTRUK

12. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

I LIKE THIS....vvvvv:eek:

13. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

pretty close to what I was thinking! LOL:) It seems like they only came in one hardness version from what I remember since they were supposed to be ramp wheels I think. The ones I keep finding are claiming to be NOS so I would hope they would be HAMB friendly HA HA:D Actually I would use two on the truck and two on my motorcycle lift table Im gonna build.

14. AV88

AV88

. Haha maybe we should start a thread on what ya can use skateboard wheels for on old style hotrods and customs