Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any old guys(65 +) still build not buy their hot rods??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scrap metal 48, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

I'm not old yet but I have built 7 cars since I turned 65.

2. oldsman41

oldsman41

im 66 years young and still building cars. im looking for another canidate right now.

3. Im not at that age yet, nowhere near it actually, I will always build mine!

4. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

I'll be 66 in a few months and I do pretty much every thing on my 3 projects. Keeping the daily driver going in good shape is probably the most difficult.

5. SO Bob

SO Bob

I am 76 and im good health, I am completely rebuilding my 62 Catalina 2 dr hardtop. I do almost everything myself. Currently building a 455 roller engine for it and rebuilding a posi rear for it. SO-Bob

6. I'm 70 and still do as much as I can. When I am stumped I call in friends. You can see what we do by clicking the link in my signature.

7. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

HELL YES I'M OUT THERE SOMEWHERE:cool::cool::cool::cool:

8. PatzPaint

PatzPaint

67 in 1 month. Building my 30A cabriolet, some model i/c engines, a steam loco and a steam traction engine. Oh yes, not retired yet, so I still have a 7-3.30 job.:eek:

9. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

My dad is 73 and still does all the hard dirty stuff just like when I was a kid, He's better now than he ever was.

10. chopped

chopped

68 and building the 55 in my avatar, this will be my last. Just like I said last time.

11. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

69 and hope to finish my 56 Ford this year. Ive built everything for it so far but I will probably farm out the paint job

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Probably my last build that is depressing!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  12. 65COMET

65COMET

I will be 67 next week,still building and Drag Racing.The only things I can not do are engine machine work,upholstery and custom glass[windows]!!! ROY.

13. elba

elba

I am 66 and this will be done as soon as the weather warms.

Attached Files:

14. cheesegrater

cheesegrater
    from california

Count me as one been building nice ones since 69 so decided it was "RAT TIME" so building a 34 Ford 2-Door sedan hiboy style all rust but chassis components powder coated bright red & also building it safe

15. I will be 69 in a few days . I have a 37 ford pick up I have been building on and off for 25+ years and I worked on it today. I hope to finish it in about a year . I enjoy working on it but can't handle deadlines.

Attached Files:

• 039.jpg
      039.jpg
      File size:
      325.8 KB
      Views:
  16. Fourdy

Fourdy

72 in a couple of months and these are two of the three I have built from frame off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fourdy

17. trollst

trollst

I'm just about sixty, I always have built my own, and always will. I got hooked on the adrenaline rush the first ride in the heap you built yourself gives you.

18. That's about the only thing that feels the same as it did when I was 16.

19. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

20. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I don't know any old guys; I do know some that are younger than others.

Still building at 64 and still loving it. So are a number of less young guys in our club.

21. 35pickup

35pickup

I didn't even start till I turned 65 when I finally built my first ground up Hot Rod the 35 pickup in my avatar. I like to do everything myself including paint, engine and bodywork. I even bought a sewing machine and stitched my own R&P interior.
    I find it very rewarding and satisfying do everything yourself even if it isn't perfect. Now 68 I am collecting parts and starting to work on a basket case 36 Ford 5-window.

22. Well at the young age of 74 I am still at it. Built my first hot rod back in 1956 & 57. On the down hill slide on building my 54 Chev pick-up for it's 3rd time around and started a build on another deuce. Just have all the frame parts at this time, but hope to find a 3 window body to drop on it.
    Still love the build, it just takes longer now, plus it keeps me out of the bar....

23. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

Darn! With all of the old guys posting, I need to advertise prune juice in the classifieds! (I'm 66)

24. Hemi j

Hemi j
    from Colorado

Only 63 but still building a full custom 55 Merc Montclair, I hope I don't die before it's finished lol

25. coupe man

coupe man

I'm 65 and building a 56 f-100 and it won't be my last.

26. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

Ill be 62 in march doing a frame off on a 56 ford victoria.check my profile for pics.

27. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Was just listening to my dad preach about hot rod books today, "back in the day the articles said if you were doing power windows you needed the parts from a 60 Olds and you needed to weld up these holes and put a couple screws here and there, not buy this company's set-up and pay for this and that!". I am 46 and he is 74, I'm taking in as much as I can! Not a lot of you guys left and most of you guys have forgotten more than the next generation of builder will ever learn!
    Cheers

28. Pete, thats just great what you are still doing and I wish you many more years of "Hot Rodding". I love to here replys as yours. I just turned 59 and hope to keep up this hobbie as long as I can... Thanks for sharing.

29. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

I turned 70 the 13th of this month i have three cars tore apart in my garage now (one since 1978:mad: )and DAM i'm going to get them done or die trying:D

30. chero231

chero231
    from michigan

I am 75 and have built, modified, restored or customized over a dozen cars, trucks, vettes over the years. Couldn't find anything to work on during the Michigan winters, so am finishing a 62 Nova convertible for a widow lady whose husband died at 50 yrs old she is buying the parts and I am donating the labor just to stay "young"