Register now to get rid of these ads!

any news on the 200 car field?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by usmc50lx, Feb 23, 2008.

1. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Anyone heard anything on how the 200 car field will be picked? I plan on dropping some money into my coupe and driving it down from STL but I wanna run it this year as this will be my first hamb drags.Looking to go low 12's but we'll see and by then it should be a mid 60's style C/alt its already got about a 5% setback on it and I have my wheels just need some cheaters and a some frontrunners for it.Later-Paul

2. Register early

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

and often.......

4. ...where does one do so? :D I dont know if I can make it this year, I sure would love to though, kind of a haul from here in CT but it sure would be a blast. Looking forward to more info on this event
    -Dean

5. zorba

zorba

Where do you register? Doesn't any know? Where is the "head quaters" for the H.A.M.B.?

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

7. dbradley

dbradley

This is really confusing, you go to the site listed and it says you can just show up and pay $35 at the track and you're in. Yet, on this very thread, it says there's a 200 car limit. NOT mentioned on the registration site. So, what gives? Are people going to be turned away on race day? If they are, its needs to be PLAINLY stated on the registration and information sites.

8. Henry J

Henry J

Man! You really know how to keep a guy in suspense....Spring is already sprung. How bout the low down :cool:

Posey

9. Ditto on what Henry J said.

What's the word on registration? :confused:

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We will start registration a little closer to August. Don't stress too much on the limit deal. Last year, the 200th car rolled in pretty late in the day. I don't anticipate the limit effecting any of us... It will just limit the walk-ins late in the day.

11. Henry J

Henry J

OK....I'm ready to pre-register when you are...but I'm holding you to your word about the limit thing!

Posey

12. The Shocker

The Shocker

Me too...

13. Wow, time is moving fast. I wonder if there is any chance for me to have the digger ready for the drags? I'd better get busy.

14. WeedsSpeed

WeedsSpeed
    from Kansas

I am so ready and the 55 is so far away I hope everything goes well and I'll make it. Jimmy

15. zacknolden

zacknolden

I wonder seeing these early style dragsters, gassers, rails, bikes, and stock cars roar down the quarter mile in a setting that hasn't been dublicated since the late 50's.

16. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

My take on it should be no electronics, 4 speed or automatic, magnito or dist. bias plies and cheater slicks. no late model or 60's race cars that can or do race every other weeeknd of the year at anytrack around the country. lets let the regular guy bring his toy out and have a good time, or the crusty ol' gasser that has been in storage for years and reserected have a good time. leave the regular race guys at home.

17. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

I've been the last three years and I do not remember seeing any late 60's cars there. I do believe the cut off is 64, and I do believe there is a no electronics rule in effect.
    Obviously you have never been to the drags?
    99% of the cars racing there are driven daily or driven to the track.
    There is a dragster class and one or two more classes that are trailered in to the track, but the majority are old hot rods and quite a few stockers running.
    That is what makes this meet what it is. That and meeting up with good friends that you have not seen in a year.
    Robert

18. Rodshop

Rodshop

Yeah, it is a pretty great mix of cars. I have been every years except the first one. I would be OK with the HA/GR's and a few serious drag cars running at a different time of day. A little harder to get as many runs in. The two years I brought my panel truck I think I ran 12-15 times, then drove it home to Colorado. But- it's all good- still by far the most fun of the year:D. I think the 200 cars is a good size for event- Ryan will be fair and use his head as always.
    Rodshop

19. Dirty2

Dirty2

Counting down . I cant wait ...

20. The Shocker

The Shocker

You gunna race this time or just watch ?