Register now to get rid of these ads!

any lawyers out there?...copyright question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sinclair, Aug 23, 2005.

1. sinclair

sinclair

I am working on an illustration of a Jungle Jim funny car. It is a stylized drawing, Ed Roth stuff. It has the "Jungle Jim" on the side along with all the sponsors it had, like Chevy, Goodies Speed Shop............................ . I would like to sell it ,if it would sell, and make prints to sell. Would this break any kind of copyright law? Would I need to get permission from the businesses that are on the car?

thanks.

2. squirrel

squirrel

yeah, they might want to charge you money to advertise for them.....

seriously, I don't know the answer to the question, but I wouldn't worry about it too much if it's an accurate rendition of what a real car looked like long ago. Or if it's art, which as far as I know you can do whatever you damn please with.

3. eye bone

eye bone

Please try to get a hold of a copy of the "Graphic Artists Guild Hand Book" Pricing and Ethical Guidelines... should find it in any good graphic art supply store... or in your local library... or on line... or contact your local chapter of the Graphic Artists Guild... They are very up to date on Copyright law...
    Alot of info about deling with big busines but copyright info aplies to any artists...

I recomend this to any artist anywhere!

Pinstripers I also recomend getting a hold of a copy of "2005 Official Sign Contractors Pricing Guide" published by Signwriters Publishing Company www.signwritersusa.com