Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Any info on 1955 chevy altered in richmond, va "boogie rat"

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by altered59lark, Nov 10, 2013.

1. altered59lark

altered59lark
    from cincinnati

Yes, I was wondering if anyone knew of a 1955 chevy altered wheel base car thought to be raced around the richmond, VA area. It was run by joe Pritchard and says "BOOGIE RAT" on the door but could have been different before. The wheelbase is 102 inches. That's all I know so anything specially pictures would help. Thank you

2. lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. altered59lark

altered59lark
    from cincinnati

Here is what it looks like now. Did not originally have a glass front end it had steel fenders and hood with aluminum where the lights went and a hood scoop.

Attached Files:

wvenfield likes this.
  4. Richard Sells

Richard Sells

I believe that car was from Longview Texas. Belonged to Steve Hart. Was a 55, fiberglass front end, 427 big block with a crash box 4 speed. Had a rat holding a ripped out shifter painted across a blue bow tie on the doors. Was a 10 second car in the late 80’s. I know it made an issue of Hot Rod magazine around that same time. Last I saw it was late 80’s. Was a bad car!! I have some old pics of it I can probably find and post if you’re interested.

5. @Howeird46Chev

Howard.... Do you know this car?