Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Any good old car junkyards near Vegas??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mazdaslam, Jan 24, 2010.

1. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

My wife and I will be in Vegas Jan.29 to Feb.5. I was wondering if there are any old car junkyards near Vegas that we could check out while we are there? Any tips would be great.Thanks,Kevin.

2. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

3. Theres an area just south of the race track that has quite afew of the junk yards for that area. Last time I was there I saw some cool stuff. Also check out the buildings just west of the track. You never know what will be sitting around there. Also Carroll Shelbys place is there also.

4. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Thanks. Anyone else?

5. green53ford

green53ford
    from Wisconsin

I was in vegas several years ago and seem to remember some good yards on the north side. Also just drive around older residential areas. You might be suprised at what you might find.

6. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

60 miles west of vegas is pahrump nv. Lots of old propetys with alot of old cars sitting around.................................oh yeah and the brothels?

7. Who could forget about those!!!!! They usually hand out trading cards along the strip. There fun to swap with the other guys that are handing them out as you walk along the strip.

8. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Vegas Valley Wrecking is about the only thing left (if it's still there), that I'm aware of. It's right by the race track. Bring cash and be prepared to climb, dig, and rummage. Cool place! Just how junkyards are supposed to be.

9. Unibodyguy

Unibodyguy

Vegas Valley is about the only good one left. Most of the others closed/folded. One in Pahrump is also closed due to a guy the died a while back, still in the Estate stage of things from what I hear. There is one way North of Pahrump toward Crystal that has a pretty good amount of old stuff run by 2 brothers, they were always good with me.

Michael

10. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

North side of town there are a couple....if you are looking for cars tho, look more out by Pahrump and Sandy Valley, but private owners not yards

Just helped a buddy pull 2 '46 fords out of Sandy Valley on Saturday.....they were complete and essentially rust free.

and MAN he got em cheap.

11. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Thanks guys. This is the kind of info I was looking for.

12. Doright

Doright

I live here in Pahrump

Yards here are pretty picked over there's the occasional oldy but its usually some odd ball stuff.
    If you come out and find some 8 3/4 sure grips let me know where!
    Used to be a guy on Craig's list out of sandy valley advertising chrysler stuff but I havnt seen his add in a while.

13. Stonebird

Stonebird

Gene Winfield is only about a 4 hour drive away. Maybe you could pick through his junk.