Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any good junk yards near Frederick MD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MAC51, Aug 23, 2012.

1. MAC51

MAC51
    from Newport MI

I'm working out near Frederick MD and was hoping to find a good old junk yard to mill around in on Saturday. Can anybody help get me to one? I'm from Michigan and this area is new to me!

2. Dads426

Dads426
    from Olney, MD

Crazy Ray's in Mt Airy on Twin Arch Road. $1 to get in, prices are dirt cheap; similar to the pick-a-part places on the west coast. Mostly new stuff, but there are quite a few cars from the 50's-70's.

3. MAC51

MAC51
    from Newport MI

Great! I really appreciate the tip!

4. x2 on Crazy Ray's. Also if looking for parts for your truck, there's a guy on Baltimore Craigslist.com out of Glen Burnie selling a lot of early 50's chevy truc parts.
    There;s also a yard on Rte 26 at the Frederick/Carroll County line. Not sure what he's got, but it's an old yard. Most in the Maryland area have been closed due to EPA.
    What are you looking for?
    RB

5. Depends upon what you mean by "good." I believe all the "good" yards in the central MD area are gone due to the EPA. The last good one I knew of was off of RT27 north of Westminster. It was owned by an oldtimer and was full of '30s-'40s tin. He died a few years ago and the entire yard was crushed. I was crushed when I saw a picture in the newspaper that the '34 Chevy I had my eye on was sitting on top of the scrap heap! If you're adventurous, take RT15 north to the Thurmont area and look around or take RT340 south into WVA and look around. There are plenty of guys on the HAMB from your area who may be able to give you specific info if they see your post. Another thot is to go east on I-70 to the New Market exit and go south on RT75 to the 75/80 Dragway. Some racers, officials, or even spectators may be able to give you some leads. Good Luck!

6. oj

oj

You could hop on the maryland hamb social group, theres a lot of 'frednecks' as folk from frederick like to call themselves. Like others said, the best bet for junk yards is an excursion to west virginia which is close enough.
    If you get bored i'm just down 340 a piece, not a junk yard but usually something interesting around.

7. Fitty Toomuch

Fitty Toomuch
    from WVa

Grims, has some old stuff left, and neat to walk through, go to S/W corner.
    Off of 64, close to Hagarstown, enjoy;)

8. Jerome1

Jerome1
    from USA

Hi dear,.
    I hope its best for you,.
    Potomac German Auto in Frederick MD, the number is 301.831.1111.

Kyle B
    NCC