Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Any Everett, Wa Valve Lifters still out there

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 63NovaSS, Feb 13, 2020.

1. 63NovaSS

63NovaSS

Reaching out to see if there are any on the original members of the Everett, WA club from the 50's called the Valve Lifters. My dad was a member and he's only got about 3 months to live. I'd like to get a pic of one of the plaques they displayed. Any help will be appreciated.

34Larry and Truck64 like this.
  2. I’m sorry to hear about your dad. I thought I would reply to give your thread a bump to the top. Best of luck to you.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Joe Blow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Contact O'Brien Truckers, they have plaque file number 12149 as Valve Lifters in So. Everett. O'Brien is also a HAMB vendor. Sorry about your Dad, mine just passed last year....miss him dearly.
    https://www.obrientruckers.com/plaques_search.php

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. 34Larry

34Larry

Contact Ben Sebastian @ (206) 387-0877) he could of some help. He was a car show promoter who lived in Everett a little later than the 50's. He currently lives in Arlington, has a car collection and has a private show, rod run during summer at his place up there. He once owned my 34, I met him after buying the car.
    Wishing you the best of everything, with this. Hope he can help you.
    My name is Larry Moe.

5. Marc Henry

Marc Henry

Hello all, I know this post is old but I wanted to see if anyone had info. I did reach out to Dennis O'brien and he has this plaque but he thinks its from Cali. It looks identical to one I saw in the back window of a Hot Rod at a show in Everett at the Naval Base (Pre 9/11). I swear it's the right one but would like confirmation.
    Dad past shortly after my original post. Shortly after my dog passed as well. It's been a crappy year and a half but I'm making a comeback and diving into my build. Hope everyone is well and stay safe out there.

Attached Files:

Butler 32 and Bandit Billy like this.
  6. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Hopefully someone will know for certain but as with most car clubs, there were/are the same clubs in other states. The Valve Lifters were in multiple locations (Oakland, Tracy & Hayward) in California. There is no town/city, county or valley in California named Everett. That's got to be the plaque doesn't it?

lothiandon1940 and saltracer219 like this.
  7. uncle buck

uncle buck

I think that is the correct plaque. Contact
    “ F-head “ here, he may have an original.

Joe Blow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. Richard Head

Richard Head

My friend Tom Nielsen wrote a small book documenting the car clubs of Everett. Tom was a historian of the hot rodding and custom scene in the Puget Sound area. Sadly, Tom passed away in August after a brief bout with cancer.

http://originalcolbycruisers.com/?a=./albums/ecc1950-1960

Someone scanned and posted it to the Colby cruisers website. The format is weird, but if you can get it to load individual pages, there is a section on the Valve Lifters from page 19 to page 22. Of the members listed, I’m pretty sure Xon Baker is still alive.
    Dave

Joe Blow, Budget36 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. Hey , probably to late , sorry , there is one of those plaques on ebay right now , ends in about 4 hours , ( my first post ever )

10. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

just checked it out..very cool plaque....

11. BJR

BJR

I am sure you have heard this many times, but I couldn't help my self. You have 2 of the Stooges for a name. No Offense meant. :D