Register now to get rid of these ads!

Antique Parts Bins

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by topless54, Apr 11, 2011.

1. topless54

topless54

My dad came across some old parts bins. We have no clue what we have other than they're cool and contain electrical parts-distributor rotors, points, connectors, brushes, etc. I've tried various internet searches and have come up empty. Just wondering if anybody could be any help. Many of the slots are marked w/ part numbers and prices if that helps.
    Thanks in advance.

They're wooden. One w/ 3 drawers + a single. It has a tag- MOORE BROS ELECTRIC CO DALLAS, TX on one of the drawers.

The other is 4 drawers w/ a smaller 2 drawer box. Its tag has: HARRISON SMITH CO AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICAL SUPPLIES OKLAHOMA CITY DALLAS on one drawer.

I'll have to add pics tomorrow.

2. have lots of parts manufacture books going back to the 20's - can we get past the parts bin # and is there a box with the part in it in with a number or?

3. topless54

topless54

There are a couple in the individual boxes. I'll post pics this evening. I guess if we date the parts, we can date the bin boxes?