Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ansen Posi-Shift floor shifter - Pontiac Oldsmobile Buick selector floor shift conversion

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by Skankin' Rat Fink, Feb 20, 2018.

1. City: Holbrook

State: New York
    Price: 500
    This is a complete and operational Ansen Posi-Shift shifter setup, to fit the Buick-designed "big box" 3-speed GM transmissions, with the "selector" side arms for column-shift cars. i.e. 1939-1959 Buick, 1956-1957 Pontiac, 1951-1958? Oldsmobile. Any floor shift conversion for this transmission is hard to come by, and Ansen was the "good" one, with the normal 3spd shift pattern. Nothing is upside down or backwards.

I used this shifter for a year and a half on a 1957 Pontiac transmission. It wasn't to my taste and I made a transmission change. But this is a complete and working setup, and can get you off to the races with one-stop shopping.

Asking $500. Everything is negotiable. Keep reading below for full description.

19 complete setup.jpg

- Original Ansen shifter body. Shift lever appears unmodified. The shift arm at the bottom has had an extension welded on it -- presumably to shorten shifter throw
    - Fabricated mounting bracket should fit Pontiac and Oldsmobile applications without issue. Can't say for sure if it would fit Buick without modification, because of torque tube mount.
    - Original Ansen bellcrank -- the one that "flips" the selector motion
    - Fabricated linkage rods with heim joints
    - Fabricated arm adapter to attach main shift linkage at 12 o clock position on stock 56/57 Pontiac shift arm
    - I will include what appears to be the original Ansen bracket, badly modified, not usable as is
    - If the sale price is favorable, I will include the stock 56/57 Pontiac main shift arm, upon request

More photos below. Send me your questions. Thank you!

shifter body only.jpg
    fab bracket.jpg
    arm adapter.jpg

2. Bump ... rare and ready to run

3. Register now to get rid of these ads!

4. Bump. Reminder that I will consider offers.

5. Bump. I still have this. Willing to sell this at a discount so I can buy Christmas presents. Send me offers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. return what you got for Christmas and buy what you really want! a rare shifter!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app