Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Ansen back of wheel spacers

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by HerecometheJudge1954, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Hey all, I have a set of old original '70s Ansen Sprint mags that are unilug. I know there has been tons of threads, to the point where I just get lost. I have found some washers for the front of the mags that go underneath the lug nuts. However, on the back side of the wheel, there appears to be inserts that go inside the elongated holes. A couple wheels have a random one or two, some are missing altogether. Are they mandatory? Or if I have the front of wheel washers correct am I all good? Here is a picture of the ones that apparently have not fallen out.
    IMG_0026.JPG

Thanks for the responses in advance.

2. If you're not in a big hurry I may have some in a box somewhere but I just moved and my pole barn won't be done for a while so I don't even know in which box to look for them. I'll keep a note on this if I come across them I'll get back to you. I personally wouldn't run the wheels without them.

HerecometheJudge1954 likes this.
  3. Ok, please send me a message if you find them. Would love to have them, would gladly make arrangements and a little something for your bank account :)

4. spiders web

spiders web

Should you find the inserts Please let me know also. I have a set of wheels and I'm missing two inserts. Thanks.

5. That particular design requires the inserts for proper installation. After ET came out with their unilug design first, the copycats quickly appeared and many weren't on the market long due to patent infringement on ETs design, there were multiple lawsuits by ET. Keep in mind there's different inserts depending on the desired bolt pattern. They turn up on eBay once in a while... Good luck!