Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Yard being Crushed out

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by banzaitoyota, Mar 24, 2005.

1. banzaitoyota

banzaitoyota

Been trying to get in their for 12 years. Owner died late last year. Family called in the crusher. The crush guys are being kewl, I went in and got the 2 8BTA(?) Flatheads out of the engine bus. The old tin was purchased about an hour before I got there. There was a 40 chevy, a 34(?) Ford, couple 50's 4 door fords. There is a van load of trannies that are ancient, but I have no clue what to look for. I will be going back tommorow. There is a 59 Caddy Ghost-busters style ambulance left. :)

2. banzaitoyota

banzaitoyota

YArd is on Highway 78 in Windsor SC, acrooss from the fire dept if anyone is interested

3. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

At least somebody rescued some tin.

4. Tank

Tank

There is a yard not too far from my house {maybe 20 25 minute drive } it has a bunch of late 40's and 50's tin in it. my buddy and I have been hunting stuff in it for about 3 years. We went their last fall and a bunch of stuff was gone, Their were 2 truck full of crushed old cars in the corner. Kinda makes me sick. Luckly their pretty cool about cutting you a good deal on any parts you want.

5. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

damn lots of yards gettting crushed this year

6. krooser

krooser

I drove past there yesterday....mentioned it in an earlier post today...I didn't like the look of that crusher....

7. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

When I went to buy some steel last week the price had gone through the roof. I was told to expect it to go even higher and maybe even double soon. . I suspect this has to do with the war in Iraq and the Tsuami (spelling) in Asia really sucking up all the available supply for rebuilding. Supply and demand.

8. Yeah, and the local crusher guy came to me yesterday and said the price is dropping in a few weeks, so I better let him come in now..
    I dont think so.
    I see the the other yards (and him) are going past $200, into the 3's and even higher for flat out junk cars that you could buy for 50-75 bucks just last summer.
    You will see all the yards crushing out soon. There wont be any in a while.
    theres already a program in some So Cal counties that send all police impounds straight to the crusher. It starts here and spreads across the US.
    The impounds are where the yards get most of their stuff, as do I.
    Get it while you can.
    If you have property, make a spot to put the stuff.
    It will be gone before we know it.

9. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hate threads like this because there is nothing I can do about it. I think that such places should be made historical landmarks and parted out as "preservation" by law. But I'm a psycho-dreamer...