Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Another...whats it worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alphabet soup, Jun 28, 2017.

1. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Two brothers I work with were left a '60 Buick Le Sabre 2dr. Two owner car that has been in a garage 35+ years. 43,000 miles. Looks to be in real, real solid shape. Very little rust. V8-2bbl. auto. Going to need the drivers seat fixed and the normal fuel system, brakes, fluid changes, etc. I included a couple pictures, bad ones, but pictures. Everything in the pictures is just dirt and dust. What is a fair price to pay?? PART_1498700122727_20170626_175546.jpeg 20170626_175633.jpg

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Your there....I'm here.... Of course as cheap as possible, with the explanation of needs to get back to driving condition if the seller will listen........ Here= And that is determining what "a little rust" means= 3G's. Cheapo's will chime in, and fine. Would I go more? I'de have to see the whole car, evaluate, and discuss...... AND= Is this what you desire= like a dream? Too many factors, but that's my #........

3. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I'm no expert, but I'd say you are looking at about $2 - $3,000 as it is, but if you got it running and had some verification that it has no major issues you are probably looking at around $5,000.
    You will need a Title and present it well.

4. OLDTINPUSHER

OLDTINPUSHER

Your assuming the information you have is correct: Ran when parked (no engine trouble, unless that is WHY it was parked), shifted fine, etc.
    MY Opinion:
    Does appear to be complete and solid. It looks like a 2 door hardtop, which is near the top of the LeSabre price list (only the convertible would command a higher price). In #5 condition which is complete not rusted, wrecked. May or may not be running. It's a $2500 to the right person as it sits , IF the rest of it looks like what you have shown here.
    More photos and info may change this.
    Good luck, I like it. It's big and unique.

5. 19Fordy

19Fordy

$1500 max in it's present condition

6. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Has a clear title. And I was thinking 2500-3000. Guess I wasn't too far off. Thanks guy's.

7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I believe that is a 2 door post.......not a hardtop. But that wouldn't deter me at all. Two door posts have less wind noise, are more water tight and less common.

Ray

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    1927graham likes this.
  8. It's a hardtop....just not as easy to find these complete in any condition.....$1500 low ball if it's not that rusty....and like yer thinking $2500-$3500 for a pretty rust free one....hell it will go across the pond for easy.........

9. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

my money says it's a post 2 door with the bright trim package, not the cheapy painted door/window frames. :)

Ray

10. Yep, it's a post car..... and probably worth $2K on the high side. A running 'driver' is only worth maybe $4K.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  11. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

Have you inspected the floors and trunk? Could be a nightmare there! Value ?

12. Also if its been sitting for 35 years and still has the torque tube along with the Dyno flow trans. There is going to be some work there.Ask me how I know. LOL. Bruce. 002.JPG

13. Slopok

Slopok

Looks as if it's up on jack stands for a reason or for storage?