Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Another stolen trailer..!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rodncustomdreams, Dec 18, 2018.

1. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

o_O while it may not help you away from home, it would help me anywhere I traveled. I would sleep soundly with the part that connects the trailer to the truck on the floor at the foot of the bed.

clem likes this.
  2. True. If you unbolt it from the trailer every time you stop it would be very effective.

3. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

These are a thieves best friend.
    [​IMG]

4. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I hope you get your trailer back.

Whilst talking about locks. I have multiple locks on the front of mine and have also set it up to lock to a pole / post concreted in the ground that only unscrews when you undo the locks. I have it also set up with no visible wiring connections as they are removed when it is not in use.

5. When we raced and were out on the road, someone always slept in the rig, the slightest motion or noise would wake up the watchman. Local racers in some areas would tamper with the out of town competition. Best bet always, try to block in the trailer with other vehicles, make those hard to move. Mine was an open trailer and I always had 2 vehicles in front of it and would loop the come-along cable through a wheel and put a lock on it.

6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You kind of have to wonder if that trailer didn't end up spending the holidays at some sno-park among a bunch of other trailers that looked just like it. Simply meaning that all trailer thieves aren't illegal immigrants, meth heads or lawn mowing crews. A simple explanation to the thieve's buddies might be that it was rented for the week. Steal a trailer set up to haul sleds to keep your sled safe inside away from thieves who might take it off an open trailer .

jvo likes this.
  8. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Darn it Mr48, I hope you don't tell my friends, because I made 'em split the "rental" with me.