Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another newbie from south-central Oklahoma

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Sergeant82d, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Hello folks,

I am a "used to be" hot rodder... in Jr High & High school (circa 1980) it was all I wanted to do. My little brother and I worked on a really beat up '30 A coupe that we got by trading a homebuilt (but not by us) Corvair powered dune buggy. We worked hard, but were limited by lack of knowledge and funds, and never did get it running.

I built an aluminum head 454 BBC back in 1988 and dropped it into a '63 Chevy pickup (short wheelbase, fleetside model) - and was able to pull the front left wheel off the ground whenever I had traction... what a wild ride! But with *soft* drum brakes all around I ended up giving the engine to my brother and the rest of it to my cousin, who is much more skilled than I at paint & body work.

I've wanted a track T since building a model of one in Junior High. Now that I'm retired from the Army - 25 years as an Infantry Paratrooper; retired Master Sergeant from the 82d Airborne Division - and getting some bills paid off, I'm ready to start building one.

We moved out to south-central Oklahoma after leaving Ft. Bragg, and live on a small farm with two - count 'em, TWO! - nice shop buildings, so for once in my life, I have room to work on stuff!

I am inspired by the quality of work I see on these pages by many of you, and certainly am learning a lot just by reading and searching for items of interest.

Thanks for a great forum, hope to contribute something worthwhile in the years to come,

Brad

2. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. and thank you for your service. You will find all the help you need here and good people willing to help you with any questions you may have.

3. Welcome, I'm down in Duncan if I can be any help

4. daddio211

daddio211

Welcome from Utah. And da34guy is a great resource for ya! He can help ya design, sell ya parts, fabricate parts, build, do paint and body and a LOT more. And, he's reasonably priced and a good friend.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

5. RH2795

RH2795

Welcome from New York and I would also like to thank you for your years of service.

6. Welcome from the coast of SC.Thank you for the years of service and good luck with life after the Army.

7. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Welcome from Tulsa,Gasserman

8. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Welcome from Tulsa, and thank you for your service for us. I hope your not very tall if you want to build a track T as there is not much leg room in them. Saw a guy build a stretched version at Springfield years ago -- neat little car. Good luck with whatever you chose. Glad to have you on the HAMB.

9. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

Thanks & welcome from Guthrie!

10. Welcome from Arcadia and another "Thank You" for your service!

11. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome from Newkirk. Thank You for your service.

12. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

Welcome from North Texas and, Hugo, OK