Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another New Kid!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Shawn F., Mar 16, 2005.

1. Well my name is Shawn. I am 17 years old will be 18 in July. I have been into hot rods for years since I was a little kid. I play drums and guitar as well. I have a 1948 Chevy Coupe which will be a pro street car and planning to buy a 53 Chevy truck to chop, lower, fit the inline 235 up, etc. I am always wanting to learn more about hot rods and still have MORE to learn, way more. I live in North Carolina, don't like it hear but nothing I can do about that. I used to live in Southern California about 4 or 5 years ago.
    Anything else you wanna know then let me know and I will answer. Looks like a great site so far, I will be sticking around and not just one of those people that sign up and post a couple of times and leave. ;)

Shawn-

2. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome to the HAMB, post some pics if you can.

3. I only have pics of the car when I first got it. It basically looks the same now but cleaned up and dents taken out. I am about the back half the frame here and put some 16.5 or 18.5 inch wide tires on the rear and throw a 454 in it. Let me know what you think. It's not much but heh, I am not made outta money. :p

4. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Welcome. Too bad about the Pro Street thing though.

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Welcome, and again to bad about the Pro Street thing.... Maybe you should re-examine what it is we are about here... "traditional rod and customs"... Pro Street ain't it...

6. I know this is traditional and that is why the 53 is going to be traditional rod so don't worry. I have more than just one different taste in hot rods. I wan't the 48 for the strip as well. Most people here in these forums don't like that but that is fine with me, it's my car and I like the way I plan to do it. Don't worry, I am into traditional rods a lot.

Shawn-

7. long island vic

long island vic

looose the pro street idea....if you cant hook a car on a ten inch tire junk it

8. Like I said, you have your tastes and I have mine. I was going to go with a traditional rod style with the 48 but decided I wanted something different since that is what a lot of people do to the 48's (either that or they leave them plain stock like out of the factory) and I wanted a car for the strip mostly. I am going to stick to my plan with the 48 but that will probably be the only car that I will have that isn't a traditional rod.

9. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Way to go kid.To hell with all of us. I really hate the pro street thing, but if we all liked the same thing this would get boring, after all we should be happy you are doing what you are instead of building a Honda or some other lame Jap crap. Good luck, we should all be so lucky to be your age, and have your enthusiasm!

10. T McG, thanks man. I wish there were more people in this world like you. I don't know why some people will rag on others if they don't like what they do, I like to be different and sure wouldn't wan't everyone else copying me and doing something like a pro street or something, get what I mean. People always look down on me because I am 17 and think that I am like every other 17 year old.
    I never liked ricers in the first place and never will, I will stick to old cars and old meaning 30's-50's old not any 60's or 70's cars/trucks (which some I do like). I just now found a 1934 Ford truck online with no motor or tranny and if I could I would buy the thing and have it fenderless since my dream vehicle is a 33 or so Chevy truck. I like Chevy's better but a old Ford wouldn't be bad either, I just don't wan't to say I am a Chevy guy and have a Ford sitting in my driveway. :p