Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Another legendary salvage yard sold

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aircap, Jul 1, 2021.

1. aircap

aircap

Stogy, Jalopy Joker and Oilguy like this.
  2. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

saw this yesterday , the guy will save what he can , but he is a scrapper first , if it doesnt smell like money its going to the grinder , to bad our automotive heritage vanishes more everyday

Stogy likes this.
  3. Yep sad.....lots of carcuses....

Stogy likes this.
  4. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Damn very first image in the back ground is a non HAMB friendly Dodge pickup . I dearly need the back fenders for my Power Wagon .

Stogy likes this.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is unquestionably a dry state they might be carcasses but they're damn solid ones...I sure hope some do get some things to assist they're builds before they're gone...

6. aircap

aircap

Well, Vern kept the place mowed and the railroad tracks on the north keep the river from flooding into the yard. Most of them are off the ground, too - up on something to keep the mud and critters at bay. All the Studebaker Drivers Club folks are up in arms now, trying to rally a group to save the good parts. They should have done that when Vern owned the yard for decades on end. He advertised in several publications and even had 2 websites. Vern had buildings and trailers full of NOS and used parts, too. Hope the guy keeps them. Vern bought out at least 2 large Studebaker salvage operations in the last 20 years that I knew of. I bought stuff from him through the years. Lots of club members I know did business with him - buying and selling. He's just ready to retire.

7. There's more Studebaker NOS parts around than cars that will be built back to stock - maybe not much R3 or R4 parts but still a lot. We lost John here locally that had his family dealership NOS parts along with what his brother and John horded up. Not many sold and most ended up at the scrap yard in Springtown,Tx from the folks that bought John's property. There's another guy in Missouri that family's owned a dealership and has got a bunch of NOS parts he just can't unload. There's still a lot of the factory parts that were bought out by Newman and Altman - one of the oldest parts catalog's I have - which has been bought out again by some folks to carry on the availability of NOS Stude stuff. Thanks for posting - hopefully those that are close by will get over to get what they can.