Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Kiwi Intro

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Beach Hop, May 11, 2005.

1. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Howdy! Joined up on here over a year ago and just been browsing since so thought I had better do an intro before I got carried away with some new posts......

Been around rodding since I was a kid - did the usual things - drawings, customised the pushbike and buying Hot Rod mags. First pay cheque went on a T Bucket chassis and spent 7 years building that. Still own the car 22 years later! Not sure if it is HAMB material as it was a bit of a show car....

Daily driver is a 63 Falcon Sprint with 302 and 4 speed toploader and I crew on my brother in laws flathead dragster that has run an 8.2 sec 1/4.

I'm involved with an event down here call the "Beach Hop" that just gets bigger every year. Been running for 5 years - 2001 had 4000 people and 100 cars. 2005 had 70,000+ people and 1400+ cars. Not bad considering we only have 4 million people in NZ. Through the festival we have built a 27T roadster in 3 months for NZ$5K, a 52 Plymouth mild custom in 1 week, 64 Falcon 4 door customised into a 2 door convertible in 1 week and this year a gold flake 57 Nash Metro and a 60's style rebuild on a 27T roadster - green flake, white t&r, 3x2 carbs etc. All projects have been done with the local high school and community. The latest 27T was stripped down before the Beach Hop and assembled, from scratch, by the kids in front of the huge crowd. Took them 1 hour and 50 minutes from a bare chassis to finished - I turned the key and put it through all the gears! Is that a record?

Enough bullshit - good to see a few other Kiwis on here!

Noddy
    www.beachhop.co.nz

[​IMG]
    2005 - 27T

[​IMG]
    2005 - 57 Nash

[​IMG]
    2004 - Falcon Kustom

[​IMG]
    2003 - 52 Plymouth

[​IMG]
    63 Falcon Sprint

[​IMG]
    23 T Bucket

2. 30roadster

30roadster

Howdy! Welcome to the HAMB! I'm liking that 27... A friend of mine Eddie ( BellM ) on here is building one...he got it running just in time for the Roundup in Austin...He needs to see your picture of the 27! Mighty Pretty :)

3. robster

robster

Welcome Noddy - good to see you still have the old bucket - I remember seeing it in HRM when you started building it all those years ago.

Congrats on another GREAT Beach Hop - hope you can get the troublemakers sorted out for next year - whatever needs to happen to keep it, I'm sure all the rodders will support 100%.

I don't think we have ever met, but I'll be sure to introduce myself if I see you around anywhere. Cheers, Rob

4. 55olds88

55olds88

At last Noddy.....
    Love the Green Roadster, I didn't get a chance to get a good look at the weekend but boy it looks great, I think I need to get your kids on to building my A that way it might happen in this life time......
    you do a great job with the Hop too, you need pics of the peoples caps getting blown off by the dragsters on the main street Sat too, I'm pretty sure Trevor was trying for a prize :)
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the HAMB.

5. welcome to the board. Nice rides. I saw a huge gallery that had beach hop pics. looks like fun times were had!

6. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

7. Sticher1

Sticher1
    from Ct

Welcome to the HAMB man what are you running for front wheels toy of yours that thing is awesome rest of the rides are also cool

8. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

You mean the T Bucket? They are 12 Spokes that were made here in New Zealand by Berry & Chung who are no longer around. They have steel hubs pressed into the alloy centre and large motorbike disc brakes. Fully polished. The spokes are actually a lot thicker than the more common versions - we did this for street use.

Cheers!

Noddy