Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Insurance Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dgc15, Feb 20, 2008.

1. VonKool13

VonKool13

Ps. when you find that free 28-29 sedan ^^^, tell 'em you want two, I need one. :)

2. phat rat

phat rat

Those of you who have State Farm, Geico, etc. You should read your policy real good and get an understanding of Stated Value and Agreed Value. State Farm and as far as I know all the daily driver insurance companies DO NOT offer agreed value only stated value coverage. This means no matter how much the policy says the car is worth they WILL depreciate the value the same as any other car you drive if it's totaled. With agreed value if it's totaled you recieve the amount stated with no depreciation. It doesn't matter how good your agent is whether he's a car guy or friend the company is not going to let him dictate the amount they pay out. We've all heard the stories of someone getting a lot less for their totaled car than they felt it was worth. Do you want to go through that with you rod or custom?

3. phat rat

phat rat

$25 a month = $300 a year and you don't have full coverage! With Grundy I pay $288.63 a year for full coverage with agreed value of $42,000. Three years ago when I left State Farm I was paying $240 for 6 months with $25,000 stated value

4. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I read this and thought "bull shit, know way" so I got a quote at www.grundy.com for my coupe for 20,000 agreed value and it was 311.00. I turned right around and got one for 25,000 and it dropped to 168.00! Looks like Hagerty just lost a customer since my policy runs out next month.

5. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

I am in the business and I just had a client hit by somebody insured with Esurance. What a F-ing joke. Those people do not have a clue. We eventually had to go to the Colorado Division of Insurance to get this resolved. And it was over a $450 rear bumper. If thats how they do business, my advice is to stay clear. Anybody that advertises with a cartoon, a caveman, a lizard, is all suspect in my book. Stick with A+ companies. Do some research and be informed. My company can insure all vehicles new, old, restored, classic, antique, exotic and daily drivers.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Looks like you're going to offer to buy me a drink too huh??;):D

7. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Gladly, if were ever in the same part of the world again!