Register now to get rid of these ads!

another FNG ! (freakin' new guy)

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by mschiffel, May 16, 2012.

1. they want me to introduce myself, so here goes....I'm so new that I haven't posted anything yet...My name is Mike Schiffel and I have lots of different projects going on to keep busy...being retired sure helps to get things done around the house...out in the garage I'm working on a 1948 chrysler new yorker....out came the hokey-ass straight eight engine, more dead than alive, and in went a sbc 400 cu. in. w/th350....that's as far as I got....it's just sitting on 2x4s until I recover from eye surgery...then I'll weld in the mounts and get the old girl squared away....you might have noticed that I don't use capitals when typing....that's how I roll....ain't gonna change now...when I work on my projects, I always do all my own wrenching...never farm anything out....I hope the old chrysler turns out to be a great cruiser...I used a 400 because I need torque more than rpms....I'm using a 1956 t-bird differential w/3:31 peg leg drive. (FREE)....its going in because the stock axle has no provision for e-brakes....the original was on the transmission....so that's what I'm about right now....I hope I've come to the right place.....thanks....Mike S.

2. Well Mike, You listen to the rules, you do your own wrenching. You don't use capital letters except for the when referring to your self and you don't care about what people think about it. Sounds like you will fit in great. Happy to have you, welcome to the site.

3. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

4. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.

5. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Welcome from Grand Island,NE

6. RayMiller

RayMiller

Welcome aboard mike! Hope your chrysler makes An appearance on here soon!

7. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

Welcome from Tennessee .