Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another F-n New Guy from Texas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by JEB, May 31, 2005.

1. JEB

JEB

Yeah yeah, another Texan on the board. I've been lurking here for a few years, but I didn't have a car to build so I just sat in the back and watched all the action unfold. After a few months of looking around for something to build, I started on a truck this weekend ('54 Chevy 3100). I figured it was a good time to say hi.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm into old trucks (looking for a 58-59 Apache fleetside) and old Japanese motorcycles (Superhawks, Dreams, Scramblers, Titans). I grabbed a Triumph OIF frame out at the Ennis Swap Meet before Bass could get it, now I'm collecting engine parts and planning a mild chop (The Beezer mockup looks kick ass, Brian!).

My dad (BELLM) got me into cars and bikes at a young age, he turned me on to the HAMB and introduced me to some of you folks already. I ran into Crow and Grasshopper at Roundup and had a few of hotrodladycrusr's bad-ass cookies (hi Denise!), met flt-blk at Roundup then ran into him at Pate last month, met Hotwheel at the Rosanky Swap last year, now I see him everywhere (what's up Reggie!). There are lots of great people here to talk to and learn from.

More about the truck: it has body rot, old cracked bondo, a Blue Flame straight six with a rusted out oil pan and a VINE growing up through the block!!! The vine made it past the crank, up an oil passage and spread out all over the rocker arms. When we pulled the valve cover, SURPRISE, nature! Sorry, hippies, we had to disturb the local ecology and pull that bitch out of there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll post more pictures and ask a whole lot of stupid questions in the next few months. Thanks to Ryan for giving us the HAMB.

-JB

2. JB, Let me be the first to welcome you to the HAMB! I met you at the Roundup also. Its great to have another Texan. Your Dad and I are friends and he is good as gold but you already knew that huh. Welcome and I look forward to meeting you again.

3. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Interesting oilpan, must be one of them dry sump ones...

4. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome to the HAMB.

5. JEB

JEB

Hey Smitty, nice Poncho on your website. I remember meeting you on Saturday night out on the street in front of the club! I met Kyle that day, too. Man, what a weekend! Thanks for the welcome guys, E.C., when are you leaving for Texas? When you get here I'll show you my super top secret patented dry-sump oil pan, it looks like a rusty spaghetti strainer!

6. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey JEB! Welcome to the HAMB. Now I see why you were selling the bikes. I'm sure that truck will look awesome when you get her on the road. You probably could have saved some bucks by just dragging a trailer to you dad's place and loading up a truck or two. He wouldn't have missed them at all!!!

7. Welcome, and thanks for the heads up on the S2D parts.

I hope to see Twiggy on the road soon.
    TZ

8. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

There can never be too many Texans on the HAMB, heck the HAMB world HQ is moving to Austin. Best of luck finding an apache, I've got a 58 stepside apache I'm drivin/working on.

Welcome.

9. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I move to TEXAS, does that count? :D

10. BELLM

BELLM

HEY!! Thats my shop! Thats my tools! Thats my yard! Thats my kid! Thats my truck! Ok, I gave it to you. Sneaky way of getting you to make the 3 hr drive down to see us more often. Look forward to helping you build the truck.
    Good to see you wearing the safety glasses, guess I taught you well sonny boy. Good to see you finally got around to an intro. Now, come clean my shop & show me how to post pictures. Post a couple from last Saturday night.
    Thanks everyone for welcoming Jason to the HAMB. After taking him to Roundup and a couple of Thunderbolt prayer meetings he has seen the light.

11. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

12. It's a pleasure to welcome you to the HAMB. You're coming to the HAMB drags, Right? That's where I met your dad, Crow, and a buncha other Texans last year.

This photo was taken in front of Jim C's house Sat. night before the races. Crow is pictured talking about his 28 Pontiac sedan project....which I'd truly love to see........Rocky

13. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I am a fng from Texas as of this week. Looks like you found a decent project truck ,they are getting harder to find. I am building a 51 so I definitely know about the rust monster as I have been fighting it for awhile. :eek:

14. JEB

JEB

Heh, funny you say that :eek: ... we drug one of his trucks out of the weeds about 30 yards into the shop and started pulling parts. He gave me the whole truck minus the stick shifter, says he needs it for his coupe. That's ok, he's a hell of a guy otherwise (thanks pop!).

15. JEB

JEB

Thanks, Lucky Strike. I've been checking out all the 58-59 Apaches on here, yours looks good! Is it a daily driver in that Houston traffic? Disc brakes are a MUST!

16. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Well well well, If it isn't Jason Bell! How the hell are ya? Your pop told me just last night about your new project truck and it looks like a swell start. Welcome to the HAMB, have fun! David

17. JEB

JEB

Hey Rocky, thanks for the warm welcome! I heard about all the HAMBers he met last year at the Drags, so I'm gonna try to make it this year. Oh yeah, and I hear everyone gets a free motor their first year! Is that true? Hope to see you in August...

18. JEB

JEB

Hey David, hows it goin? You must have gone to Thirsty Thursday in Taylor. Thanks for the welcome!

JB

19. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

A hearty welcome to the H.A.M.B. I have the same rust monster (a '53) sitting in my driveway as you already know. All in good time. :cool:

pigpen