Register now to get rid of these ads!

Annual 2011 "what did you buy/save this year?" thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Adam M., Dec 9, 2011.

1. Well Chris has done this in years past, but I couldn't wait to see all the great scores! Post pics of what you found, bought, and saved in 2011! I know there has been lots of amazing finds this year! Maybe we can get them all in one post?

Here's what I brought home:

It started with this restored Model A chassis:

[​IMG]

Found this '30 Roadster close to home:

[​IMG]

This '32 frame in the same shed as the Model A roadster:

[​IMG]

This clean '28 Tudor body with the fenders etc that was in long term storage

[​IMG]

This OT Pontiac:

[​IMG]

And "Saved" the Mechanical parts from this '46 Coupe (the Motor already went for scrap by the time I got there!)

[​IMG]

Also just the mechanical parts from this '39 Tudor (He wants to put the body on an S10 frame!?)

[​IMG]

I also came across this Model A in a guys back yard with a building that is falling down around it. I didn't buy this car, but I did manage to make a deal on just the head lights!

[​IMG]
    I had a great year! What about you? Lets see!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

here is my 2011 purchase

[​IMG]

3. by not BUYING anything/ I SAVED money.

4. There has to be more out there!

5. Harms Way

Harms Way

Hate to disappoint,... this is it !,.. Only thing I brought home this year, I did sell a few and I'm trying to "Thin out the herd",... I'll drop the engine/trans back in this, and move it along as well,... This "OT" 68' Cougar.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  6. Mart

Mart

Looks like you snagged some great deals, Adam M. That big Poncho's a great looking wagon.

Mart.

7. Nice lookin Chebby, Boones...

Like Harms Way, I sold a number of things...

I did buy a '42 - '47 Ford p/u body for a bobber project...

Attached Files:

8. O/T sure, but I saved this pile of parts from oblivion...at least I think I did.
    [​IMG]

9. I saved an 8ba powered 1929 Ford runner that I lost momentum on by selling it to someone who would finish it.

10. squirrel

squirrel

Sold one and cut up a couple and sent parts to the scrapyard.

Does that count?

But I did get one back on the road, and am in the middle of fixing up another one that was languishing for years....

11. Boones, NICE Chevy!...all I saved this year were some old bicycles I got for cheap or free, I got too much stuff now I can't get rid of.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  12. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought this one this past summer. Right now the body is off and the frame's on a rotisserie bing fixed. Plans is to make it in the style of a late-50's to early-60's hot rod.

[​IMG]

13. In 1967 my dad bought a new Volvo Canadian 123GT, it was the first car I got to ride in. He traded it in 1971 when I was almost 4 years old, I remember it well. In 1983 I found a nice one for sale for $3500 but didn't have the money. I have been looking for one since the late 80's and this summer I found and bought two, one red and one dark green like my dad's :)

14. erlomd

erlomd

thats just kool with a K!

I saved and sold for this:

[​IMG]

but finances and life responsibilities made me keep the money in the bank for now:(

15. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Sold a bunch of stuff I was never going to fix and bought a few 55 Chevies that I think I will get to.This week I bought a 55 glass front end from the son-in law of a fellow HAMB'er.Gathering parts over the winter months is the current goal.

Attached Files:

16. Squablow

Squablow

I called on this Tempest because the price seemed cheap enough, guy tells me it's a California car and has a good running 326 in it, sounds promising. I ask when I can come to take a look at it. He says "you'll have to come right now".

Turns out he was pulling the radiator when I called, ready to haul it into scrap. He had sold a couple other old cars on eBay but his buyers never showed up and he was fed up with selling cars. I ended up buying the car plus a decent truckload of other parts from stuff he had scrapped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one was "saved" in the truest sense of the word, if I had called an hour later or asked to come the next day, it would have been squashed.

17. outlaw256

outlaw256

squablow, thats a pretty good lookin tempest. whats that hidding on the other side of it.

18. Heres what I reeled in. I bought a lot, and sold a lot. I have one more I bought, but I will not be getting it until right at the end of the year...so pics of it will have to wait :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bought this one to part out:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Cerberus

Cerberus

I bought this '74 Pinto. The PO stuffed a nice 5.0/AOD/posi, etc. I stripped it for the powertrain and parking brake, which has been transplanted into my roadster. Sold the carcass to a drag racer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  20. Gator

Gator

Just got this Caddy, just need to get my '33 Plymouth painted and back together so I can start on it.

[​IMG]

21. Squablow

Squablow

'68 Road Runner. Those pics were taken at my shop once the car was home, so the Road Runner was never in any danger.

22. sawzall

sawzall

got this almost finished.. needs glass and something to cover the floor.. OH and some different wider rear wheels.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. ARTSWRK

ARTSWRK

[​IMG]

This is what i bought in August 2011 no plans yet.

24. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

25. Looks like that one was saved and moved in a hurry! No time to pump up the tires, or stand still for a picture! haha

Let see some more pictures! I know there was way more vintage tin found this year!

26. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

If parts count I some NOS goodies and a lil 327 to go with em... ;)
    and a 60 Chevy for the lil lady too..

Attached Files:

27. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

[​IMG]

this!

1946 ford tudor, ive got a build thread around here somewhere if youd like to see mroe flattering photos. figured id post a gnarely before photo so i feel like ive gotten somewhere with it, ha.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  28. 53chevyroc

53chevyroc
    from Nebraska

29. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

1952 Chevy 002.jpg
    Bought this from Baltobeater. Good foundation for a mild custom. Some body repair, smooth some things and new paint and interior.

30. McFly

McFly

I bought this body off a HAMBer this year.

Slowly collecting parts for a late 50's style build.

Attached Files: