Register now to get rid of these ads!

Angry. Really Angry.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LUX BLUE, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

So, here's the deal, Kids.

Last weekend, I was contacted By Ol Skool Rodz to possibly do a photoshoot. See, My Business partener Ed is also an owner of a local bar called the Jackalope. It's a cool place for some, and they make a killer drink, and apparently, a few of the Ol Skool douchebags wander through from time to time. Once one of Eds kids at the Bar mentioned he also had a vested interest in a Hot Rod shop, they were all over us.
    It started out as I get to find a car or two to park in front of the bar-with really short notice. It turned into I get to find a bunch of cars for this guy to pick from at the shop today.
    No sweat. My buddies are Piston fucking Hard and will pull this off.

I called Buzzard, Blake, D.W., Rob from the Hoodlums, Firedome, and got Nicky on the Bonus round. I also caled my Buddy Flint.

MOTHERFUCKER.

I get 2 calls a day from this guy to set this up. I figure that there's no such thing as bad press, even though I FUCKING DETEST this magazine. I go through a moral Dilemma with my buddies that I have involved in this ("Do we really wanna do this?") and finally said"It is a sound Business decision. do it."

COCKSUCKER STOOD US UP.

and, to top it off, Flint totalled his 62 Grand Prix in the making of this crap-o-riffic deal. Some fella pulled out in front of him (I'm being really,really P.C. Here, by the way) on a local mini highway (183 for the locals.) and he Tattooed a ford explorer goin 55. No English, no Insurance, another peice of Classic tin potentially LOST.

I am seriously considering finding this fella and kicking the shit out of him.
    I could have been hanging with my sick wifey.
    Flint wouldn't have killed his car.
    My Buddies woudn't have WASTED a killer evening at my dirty ass shop.(at least the beers were cold, I guess.)

What's more...I turned this guy onto the Barons in San Antone.

Mabey I will have to make a brief road trip down south this weekend.

I'm so fucking pissed I can't see straight. The least he could have done was return 1 of my 30 phone calls and tell me he couldn't make it. God Forbid I see him.

2. dv8

dv8

They're bandwagon jumpers making a buck off of something they really don't "get".

Why would he be a stand-up guy when he has no real ties to the hobby?

You should always go with your "gut" on something like that.

He is probably just a freelancer that submits stories to the mag anyway.

One of them pulled the same crap on a buddy a couple of years back....Had him show up to a shoot with both hotrods...spent all day shooting, then nothing ever came of it....no story, no feature, just a wasted saturday.

3. gearjam1

gearjam1

DAMN!!! That sucks in a BIG way! Hope Flint is doing o.k.... If someone totalled my '64 Pontiac, first I'd cry-then I'd kill 'em...especially if he didn't have insurance... Some morons have no fuc*'in consideration for anyone... I agree with dv8...one of the mags lately had an editorial warning about jackoff's claiming they are with "%$#^&* Magazine" when they really are not. I can't remember which magazine it was, cus I get a lot of them...but, they said their crew always has official identification with them that shows they're affiliated... Did he give you his home address? Maybe you could post it here. :)

4. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

thats a dick move on his part, for sure. hopefully he has a legit reason for riding your ass and then not showing...

hope your friend is ok

5. Sounds like someone needs a good ol' skool azz whuppin'.

6. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I could deal with photos and no story. That's called common courtesy in this business.

But to not even fuckin CALL. (Especially after setting this up days in advance) Is freakin Rude.

I'm with Sonny Barger on this one "Some guy would be rude, and we would knock him the fuck out."

7. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Flint appears to be Okay...but the car (which came here) is FUCKED.

8. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

..tie him to the bumper and drag him..

.....both the douche bag and the "no english" guy...

9. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I did a photo shoot a couple of months ago. 2 hours out of my Sunday.Haven't heard or seen anything about it. I was approached by 2 other mags recently. Said thanks, but no thanks. Lesson learned.

10. gearjam1

gearjam1

Uh-Oh...I feel another thread along the lines of "what to do if you catch someone stealing your shit" coming along...

11. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i hear that pomade is really flamable....

12. There's a lot of reasons an article or photo doesn't get run in a mag, but a no show/no call is FUCKED.

Bryan

13. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

kats need to stop f@ckin wit the magazine..i havent got it in months and dont miss it!

14. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

You are just confirming, my long, hate relationship with the publication.
    Alot of us have told them to Fuck-off here in Socal, I guess their in Texas now. Keep up the good work Lux.

15. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Certainly not the 1st time these dickholes have pulled something like this.
    Like Dv8 said. They usually show, waste your time, & then nothing sees print.
    Don't sweat it Lux, we had fun, the beer was cold. My feelings aren't hurt. After all, this is Ol' skool rods we are talking about here. Their lack of integrity ( not showing up ) goes right along w/ their lack of quality. ( It really is a poor product, that AND ck deluxe )

16. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

That's just it-This guy called US.

I have had (in the last 5 years) probably 10 photoshoots here for various stuff. some are focused on the cars, some the girls, some both. al in all, I have been pleased with the results (The Angela Ryan shoot was a blast even though it was 20 degrees in the shop-she's a trooper, man.-all 110 pounds of her.)

I DON'T advertise.
    This was really the first time I felt like it would be good for the biz...not that we need more work, but Publicity dosen't hurt.

I really feel like squeezin his head like a pimple.

17. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Take a breath LUX.....get your composure......now doesn't that feel better?.......... Ahhhh bullshit, find the bastard and make him spit out chicklets.

18. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

And to think. These guys just blew a chance to get Blakes coupe & Steve & Angies' 58 in their rag. Quite possibly two of the nicest cars their pages would have ever seen.
    What a fuckup on their part.

19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Hell we did a photo shoot here at my shop about 6 months back or so...
    yes for that mag... the pics were awesome... told it'd be in one or the other (they realy are the same)... still nada... maybe one day...

Attached Files:

• 23.jpg
      23.jpg
      File size:
      25.5 KB
      Views:
    • 51_kl.jpg
      51_kl.jpg
      File size:
      3 KB
      Views:
    • 57.jpg
      57.jpg
      File size:
      24.4 KB
      Views:
  20. Crease

Crease

Talked to Christian today and I don't think he knew that this went down. I'll give him a call in the morning. Don't worry about having sent them our way, we appreciate the kind gesture and intent. I am just sorry you had to go through the frustration. I'd hold out for TRJ or Hop Up.

21. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Sorry to hear about all that, and Im really sorry to hear about the pontiac, I was half tempted to drive down there tonight and see what was going on, it sounded fun at least.

22. Muttley

Muttley

In the long run you will be better off having not been in that piece of crap publication. Do you really want to be associated with the garbage they include in their magazine? Your shop/work is better than that.

23. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

I was at work tonight, not getting to participate in the "fun", and then I get a call from Flint telling me about the Poncho. Holy Shit. From what he told me, no belts in that thing, he's damn lucky. I know it really sucks about the car, and imagine that, no insurance-but at least nothing happened to the brother. Cars can be replaced, limbs and lives can't. Bet you guys still had a good time hangin' out. :)

24. Bullington

Bullington
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Time for a Hot Rod Jihad!

25. send_it_all

send_it_all

Kick his ass, Seabass!!!!!

26. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

I had that happen to a friend here in So cal LUX BLUE, asked to put something together with a bunch of his cars and friends, then came over and didn't like anything after all, and shot another car, not only was he embarrassed and insulted, but felt his time was wasted and for what ?.. I think your better off not hearing from them. As for the car i'd be pissed.. and if i found him i'd probably kick his ass.. but i'm reactive. Not very passive. Something I need to work on.
    -Anthony

27. Fe26

Fe26

Man, I sympathise. I run a forge, ( red hot heavy metal drama ) for years I let commercial photographers and TV cameras in for free to take pictures and make stories or news about us. After one story on TV, the next time I visited a mate at his Foundry he said, "saw you on TV the other night, how much did they pay you?" I said WHAt?!
    He said whenever they come in here we charge them SIX GRAND a day. I didn't reply I just thought FUC!
    Next time a TV show rang wanting footage I said, "that's fine our standard fee is SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS per day". Guess what the producer said in reply.................... that's fine I'll send a Purchase Order through. It was then I realised The Media needs stories to survive, how do you get a good story? you pay. Like anything else,
    if you want or need it, you will pay.:cool:

28. Pretty damned arrogant of them, LUX.:mad: The downside is that next time (and there will be a next time) you will be more reluctant to participate or even give the guys a round-up call. Best to continue to vent here - kick their asses in words on the HAMB - it's way more brutal and proper!!!

29. Trad V8

Trad V8
    from Edinburgh

Thats a bummer Lux, did you clean the garage at all though cos that would have added insult to injury! But I'll vouch that the beers woulda been cold.

30. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

traffic in austin sucks! Too bad about your friends car. My friend got an old harley chopper when we were there, rode it for about two weeks, got run out of his lane twice, and had to lay it over to avoid some jackass.He ended up trading it for a car, thought he would have a better chance.
    FE26's idea of charging them to shoot is a good one, if they lay down some cash in advance, they would be more likely to show up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.