Register now to get rid of these ads!

anglia spindle?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ST. 515, Oct 20, 2009.

1. ST. 515

ST. 515
    from TEXAS

I need info on Anglia spindles. I'm thing about buying some spindle mount wheels. I need to know the difference between Anglia and early Ford spindles. Is there a way to mount the wheels on ford spindles?
    Any help would be Great!

2. Larry T

Larry T

If you do a search, it's been discussed a LOT. No easy way of running Anglia spindlemounts on Ford spindles.
    This will get you started.
    Larry T

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98091

More info:

Timken numbers for Anglia spindlemounts.
    Inner 07098 bearing 07204 race
    Outer 03062 bearing 03162 race

National seal 471795

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  3. ST. 515

ST. 515
    from TEXAS

Thanks for the info. Next time I'll remember to use "Search".:D

-Saint

4. I will also add that in much the same way that most hemis that are for sale are advertised as 392 chryslers, most spindle mounts are advertised as for anglia spindles. Very often they are advertised incorrectly and are actually for use on shortened ford spindles, because of the shorter bearing spacing used on spindle mount wheels instead of a bolt on hub.

I bought a pair of americans last year that where supposedly for an anglia. I knew that wasn't right when I bought them, figuring early ford. They were actually for mopar. The seller was a bit shocked upon hearing that, and it seems to me that he really wanted them back after I told him.