Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Angelika, my newest baby

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seventhirteen, Sep 4, 2010.

1. JimSibley

JimSibley

man, i like this car.

2. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

already made a horn ring out of my old independant belt buckle so I don't want to have too many iron crosses, multiple iron crosses don't go with my "theme"

car is running, but lots to do before the big 3, i'll try and get some new pics up, pretty much on it from time i get home till i go to bed

3. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

it's official Jim I no longer miss my first model A, I think you'll really dig this one, is just a ton of cool small parts and details I used

4. This is a great build! Can I have that '34? Please??

5. TurboShadow

TurboShadow
    from Prosser wa

Still working on it? Looks PERFECT the way it sits right now!

6. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

here's some pictures

f100 mount cut-up for front shock mounts, made to fit in stock rivet locations on front cross member

[​IMG]

here they are mounted up and painted

[​IMG]

hard to tell but the wiring run to the headlights and also tail lights is some 3 wire cloth wrapped in a steel braided sleeve that i've been wanting to use since my first model A

I wasn't kidding about the belt buckle I've had it for about 20 years and seemed fitting, broke my 40 ford wheel so i'm using this wheel not sure what it is, took some lathing and massaging to get it to work with my 51 ford column. not sure what the tach is from good friend gave it to me and it fit well, gauges are stock speedo and fuel with 1.5" oil and temp stuffed in original amp and key spots. i am running a stock tank, if anyone knows of some good 1.5" mechanical gauges let me know all i've found so far is these sunpros. seems like on my first coupe i had a liquid filled mooneyes oil pressure gauge but i haven't had any luck finding anything

[​IMG]

new top wood and i re-finished the rear window wood, installed dome light, seat has new springs and is re-covered but i'm thinking i'd like to drop the seat springs 1 1/2"

[​IMG]

luckily in my neighborhood you can get away with this

[​IMG]

and lastly this is how she sits today, a few mechanical items to address still and i'll start working on some of the pretty things, but as far as driving to the big 3 in 2 weeks i'm good to go. after that i'll start get ready to race her in june at the king of clubs event.

[​IMG]

7. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

Looking good, I can't wait to get mine driving.

8. =mike=

=mike=

That is really nice !

9. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

I had picked up this hood from one of the fellas from the choppers and it had a neat old original paint job on it. got a call from the wife a couple days ago and she says "you were kidding about keeping that hood all crusty right?" and I tell her I planned to leave it for a while because it did look pretty good. Well, apparently she was already part way thru sanding it down to get sprayed with some epoxy primer like the rest of the car...

so he it sits now, sprayed with epoxy primer, still need to do the rear wheel wells (they are screwed in) and the rear corners, but it's a car

installed the vintage speed 3x2 bases and linkage and considering the lack of first gear it spins the tires pretty good.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  10. =mike=

=mike=

first gear is over rated anyhow

11. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

the exhaust is run thru some stock rams horns to 2" pipe, the turn outs come by way of a set of old lakepipes with triple caps and some nifty ripple pipe

[​IMG]

then runs full length with some cherry bomb mufflers to quiet it down a bit, the rumble seat once again got in the way so I ran the pipes under the rearend

[​IMG]

still need to hard line the 3 carbs and clean-up some wiring, a motorhead over looks the operation to go along with my belt buckle "theme"

[​IMG]

this weekend I extended the hurst shifter so I didn't have to lean over so much, the throw is a little long with the modified shaft which will be addressed when I pull the body again. picked up the aviator skull shift know at the big three which looks like a home cast job

still would love to find some better 1.5" gauges to stuff in the original A dash panel

[​IMG]

all in all, it's a car now and I drive it daily, making adjustments nightly, still lots to do but it sure feels good to have the feeling that I won't be building another Model A coupe ever again because this one is just the way I want it to be.

Guess I'll start a build thread for the 34 coupe...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  12. pincher

pincher
    from Saginaw

Very nice Hot Rod, the carb's look like rochester's, where did you get the frogmouth scoop's at? I have been searching for scoop's for mine.........PINCHER

13. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

they are rochesters i just used some scoops from speedway, i drilled a hole in each side at the base and made a bracket that goes side to side and attaches to the carb with a 1/4-20 bolt

14. lorodz

lorodz

15. hasty

hasty

Very nice car. So I'm looking forward to the 34 build. What are the plans?

16. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

we shouldn't talk about Guinevere (the 34) here i'm afraid Angelika will get Jealous, I'll be starting a new thread for that

She got her brand new speedo hooked up last night, now the miles are ticking away on the odometer, sun is out and I had ordered a new master cylinder for the wife's merc so I'm off to spend some quality time with Angelika

17. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

busted the kids college fund and bought quarter window wood, notched it up and stained and sealed

[​IMG]

will install tomorrow, slowly picking away at the details, as always once you can drive it, it's hard to really break it down

18. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

well i haven't updated this build thread in quite awhile and Bad Bob took a couple cool pictures of my car at the King of Clubs event so I'll add em here. The drive up through the windy roads at 10pm on friday was great, the car ran well and handled even better. I am really happy as far as that goes, on the track was another story, it was a complete disappointment and my worst showing at the track ever between my 3 coupes. Improvement should be easy though so it's not the end of the world.

[​IMG]

this shot is me and my buddy Marty's rat rod waiting to settle the age old question of whether ford or chevy is a better motor, i'll be putting a ford in my next car....

i like to call Marty's car a rat rod, it's a coupester he's had on the road for the last 15 years, 3 weeks before the King of Clubs he tore it completely apart and put a roof back on it, so basicly he hadn't slept in the past 3 weeks but made it to the show, he didn't get to the pretty stuff yet so it was looking rough but he'll do it up right.

[​IMG]

here I am lining up to get beat by the rat rod...

19. Slick mo fo

Slick mo fo
    from San Diego

Right on Jimmy, it's looking good. never thought I here you say "i'll be putting a ford in my next car...."

I ended up loosing that shirt somehow. I have no idea what happened to it... I'll have to get her another one for my daughter on our next shirt run.

-George

20. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Steering wheel looks like it is a 38 Chevy wheel.......... Nice ride

21. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

sure does, thanks for the tip I really wasn't sure on it

i found the shirt George, in all honestly I bought a flathead for the 34 long before the race so a ford was in my future anyways, think I worked through half my issues with the car anyways already so guess we'll see at the rumble in barona

22. Slick mo fo

Slick mo fo
    from San Diego

a flattie will look nice in there

23. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

The best part about this thread is that it is about a car. I feared it was going to be about a new wife, girlfriend, or kid. Sometimes I feel like I'm looking at facebook on here.

24. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

The car look good at the track, and thanks again for hosting the Bean Bandits and the Creepy Creeps at your camp site , we ran out of room at the pit area, so I sent a bunch of guys towards your area on the return road, thanks for all the support and help you give the show.

25. Algon

Algon

True but from his posts the guy seems to want to go faster.:D