Register now to get rid of these ads!

an obligatory intro...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by juras, May 6, 2008.

1. juras

juras

read the 'read this first' an it says that newbies MUST post an intro so here it is...
    i'm originally from poland and been into american iron ever since i came to the u.s as a 14 year old pup back in '80...started on some rice burners while livin' in nyc while doin' a whole bunch of illegal activities and generally bein' a partyin' fool hehe...did a stint in the navy in the mid 80s during which i also bought a used '79 hopped up sportie..had a wild time ridin' the shit out of it...went through several cages as well which i simply used as lesser beater transportation; all had v8s with some degree of 'hop up' - some more, some less..in 1990 i broke my neck while divin' into a pond at night. so i'm a c5-c7 quadriplegic ever since and had to switch to 4 wheels full time...in january '96 i bought a rodded '36 studebaker coupe from an old timer in ohio with all the money i got from insurance after my apartment got ripped off but joysie back then had very rigorous rules regarding rods/modified vehicles and i had no more bucks to spend on the ride so it was parked in my folks' driveway...meanwhile i had a few daily beaters...my latest is a hopped up and severely beat up [i drive 'em all hard hehe] '68 cutlass which i bought 5 years ago..blew up the 350 which was originally in it so 3 years ago i had a hopped up 455 swapped into it...i don't have too much time left on my clock on account of my crazy previous life so i'm determined to finally get the stude out on the road this year where she belongs and do some drivin' before i'll bite it...hard to do this on my meager disability budget but i hope to make it somehow...'form follows function' in my book so she'll be a no frills rod with some balls in the mill and not much else...black primer and mebbe some pinstripin' & 'old style' wheels with wide white walls for eye candy, and not much else...no hood, etc...i enjoy drivin' most of all as i've simplified my life radically several years ago...happened upon this site and liked the general gist so i joined...if any true rodders in north joysie/nyc area wanna get together for some tar cruisin' i'm always game as long as the pain and other shit ain't got me bed bound at the time...
    i have a link to myspace page in my profile where i've some pix of my rides if anyone's interested...
    lastly, i type with my thumb and can't use the 'shift' key so don't get on my back about the small caps please!...
    rock on and drive hard!!!....
    );->

2. ,,,what's the deal with the lower case letters?:D

Don't worry about it,,,you will soon find out that some of us use all or some of our fingers but don't use what you seem to have,,,a mind!:rolleyes:

Welcome to the Hamb,,,HRP

3. juras

juras

hehe, thanx hrp...bitchin' rides ya got there...
    ;D

4. 52 csb

52 csb

Hey juras looks like you beat that olds,,, WELCOME 52 csb

5. juras

juras

aye...i flog 'er all the time and hard hehe...whether it's a daily store run, hospital/doctor visit, kruise run, bar hop, moonlight ride, etc...'s why i now need a head gasket job and new brake calipers even tho the mill's barely 3 years young...
    :mad:
    but it's the only way to drive old iron imho...otherwise it's no fun anymore hehe....i'll drive the stude just as hard and often and have a blast....life's too bloody short for sunday drives....
    :D
    thanx 52 csb fer the wilkommen as well...
    );->