Register now to get rid of these ads!

Amusement Park Memories

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dick Dake, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Dick Dake

Dick Dake

I took my daughters to Cedar Point this weekend and my 5 year old drove me around in the Tin Lizzies. It made me look at them and think about how they were built, who built them and what one could do with them if it fell into a Hot Rodders hands. Anyone know about these things, history, and if anyone has ever played with one.

2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I would love to have one to putt around the neighborhood in,Kings island which is south of me had them but the last time I was there they could not be found and wondered what they did with them.

3. joburnsjo

joburnsjo

I grew up at Crystal beach in Canada now there is condo's in it's place

4. lesourdsville lake, then americana ,then back to lesourdsville park in hamilton/monroe ohio had the antique auto ride/drive they were fiberglass with a brings and stratton for power loved them HAD to ride them everytime i went there atleast twice they were close to the size of a real model T

5. Model T1

Model T1

I remember Cedar point many years ago. Our kids could ride all day at Beech Bend for around ten cents entry fee.
    These are old faded memories. Remember Indiana Beach on what I think is Lake Shafer? Remember cheap rides and camping many summers from our home in central Illinois.
    I also saw not long ago where they were converting old electric bumper cars into street legal tiny hotrods and customs. I believe in California.
    Nothing is really new. Like modern ideas, most of it's been done many years ago.

6. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

i was born in denver colorado there was a place called lakeside speeway had a amusement park and a race track ... they had a carousel with little midget race cars ... racing every sat night was realy good .. the place is still there i think race track is closed