Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Graffiti - ERTL '58 Chevy signed by TOAD club...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Junkyard Dog 32, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Being that there are only FIVE more of these, I assume it'll be a really small club...:D

Anyone else here have one...?

[​IMG]

I bought it off of Ebay several years ago from Candy Clark's brother in California.
    Candy begged Charlie Martin Smith to sign six of them... which he did. Candy's brother acted as the seller for 5 of them, and Candy kept one for herself. After the sale I requested a personal note from Candy, which she was kind enough to send.
    I've spoken to Candy, in person, several times since then and she remembers me as junkyarddog32 and as the one who she wrote the note to... She's told me there are no plans to have Charlie Martin Smith sign any more. His autographs is also a very hard one to get because he doesn't like to sign them...
    Here she is next to my coupe on the second occasion that we met.
    [​IMG]

So, if anyone else bought one of the few that were on Ebay they're legit...(I think a couple were sold at national autograph shows, as well).

Any other HAMBers get one...?

...and okay...
    What do you suppose it would be worth...?

One of six that were signed by the actual 2 people who were in the real one. I'd say, next to the real one, they're the most rare '58 Chevy Graffiti collectable around... Wouldn't ya think...?

JOE:cool:

2. That's cool!! As far as now much its worth? To the right person who knows. Has Harrison Ford ever signed any 55's. I saw one on e-bay awhile back signed by one of the girls who rode in the car.

3. As far as I know I don't think Harrison Ford ever did sign any... if he did, I want one. :rolleyes:

I have a T-Bird (not ERTL but close) that I have asked Candy Clark and Bo Hopkins to pass along to Suzanne Sommers but they both said they don't really know her. I might try Paul LeMat but he'll just give it to some surfer chick or something...:D

I suppose it wouldn't be right for me not to post a pic of my fishin' buddy...

[​IMG]

4. I've got a 32 signed by Paul LeMat, I had two of the dicasts but only took one for some unknow reason. I seen one on e-bay a couple years ago for just a little over 200 bucks.

5. Moparhead

Moparhead

I've got the Impala.She signed it for me at the Autorama in Grand Rapids Mi,two years ago.Charged the standard $10 autograph fee.I don't have Toads autograph though.She wrote the same "Peel Out" message on mine also.

Fuzz

6. Candy Clark, Bo Hopkins and Paul LeMat sign tons of them. What kills me is the vendors that sell the diecast cars at the shows where autographs are being signed by these people, or even the stars themselves, don't bring in a whole truckload of these cars with them. When I got Paul LeMat to sign one at BTT50s I had to huff all over the grounds to find a ERTL coupe. Bo Hopkins, now that I think of it, had one of his own that I got from him... but it was his only one.

They sure make a killing just sitting there signing their name, don't they? Gotta be like $100-$200 an hour at 10 bucks a crack.
    I need to get me one of them autograph booths...

Any other Toads...?
    I'd really like to find some of the other people that got one of these...

7. I just ran across this and wanted to say I have one of the 58's signed by her, with the same message.