Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Am I the only one that's honest enough to say........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 6sally6, Aug 7, 2019.

1. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm 77 and still working. No plans for retirement so its a stretch to make time for the cars. Its been 5 years since the roadster was on the road but the MAFCA national tour is in my town this October so that keeps me focused. Having a goal is a great motivator.

2. Speaking for us younger guys....OK 57... the "projects" I see are ether priced at what they should get restored, or are trying to squeeze the last dime out of the hobby. try finding a 32 model b fuel pump or, gasp, an original 32 grill shell.... so far my plan is to try and maintain one driver and one project. I am also selling off a bunch of unused stuff. I had 5 motors and two cars. I realized the futility in that.

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm 68, reporting in from Car Week in Carmel, Ca., there is no need to work on my projects they will be there after I'm gone, nothing to worry about, seeing other peoples cars is what I find relaxing and enjoyable

4. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

While there are a number of seasoned citizens here, there are more than a few people that have interests beyond hot rods and customs, especially as we grow older. Just an observation.

The37Kid likes this.