Register now to get rid of these ads!

Am I missing something here? WTF?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FoxSpeed, May 28, 2011.

1. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Yep ,I marvel at it all the time, I don't understand people waiting in line and paying to wash their cars,People pay good money for eggs instead of going to the backyard and getting them,I was at a friends house one day and his wife drove to the store to get frozen cookie dough,go figure.
    The one that makes me laugh the most is when someone try's to explain paying for the tire store to put nitrogen in their tires. And they are the ones who are always broke.

2. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Add in the fact it is an improper fraction really screws with there head :confused:. 50/50=1.

3. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I would say that the incompetent orileys workers (who got fired from mcdonalds) don't know there is a diffrence in product....LOL......

4. I've been going into my backyard for years and still haven't found an egg yet. What kind of tree do I need?
    The air from your compressor is 78% nitrogen. If the little oxygen molecules really do leak out, you will increase your nitrogen level each time you air up your tire. There might be a very minor advantage to nitrogen, but it's mostly there to extract surplus money from your pocket

5. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

GM sells the 50/50 for Hybrids, deionized. It states if there is ANY contamination (tap water/debris) it will take out the coolant pump.....

6. 32INXS

32INXS
    from Missouri

Actually, this means they are getting better. Last fall, they were charging more for 50/50 antifreeze than they were for 100% antifreeze. I called a clerk over because I thought my brain had stopped working. He acted surprised too and I purchased two gallons of 200% antifreeze and said I would dilute it myself. What a rip !!!

7. drag_punk

drag_punk

I work at an auto parts store and let's face it most of our customers know very little about cars and convenience is worth the money to them. I know recently that the full strength was on sale and did match the price of the 50/50 but that is not usually the case. As a parts person it would be nice to only deal with enthusiast but that's just not how it is.

8. I Drag

I Drag

Shhhh! I am test marketing a special "antifreeze diluter" that people can mix directly with 100% antifreeze to get the correct ratio. Only $6.99 a gallon.

9. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

After Monday & Tuesday , even the calendar says ......WTF.
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

10. hmmm lets see
    I'm in a hurry and far from home
    car is hot...
    and steamin
    I let it cool down
    oh good a autoparts store is close by
    they prolly will not allow me to add any coolant in thier parking lot?
    I buy a reg gallon of a/f
    I am less than 1 gallon low
    so I should add about 1/2 gallon a/f and 1/2 gallon water
    mixed in what..?
    now i need empty gallon jug
    marked at 1/2 gallon
    and 1/2 gallon water
    who sells a empty container ?

guess i'll dump out my partial gallon of windshield washer fluid after topping the washer resivior off

now guess at measuring a 1/2 gallon of a/f
    I can fill up both containers now to mix them 50/50
    now where do I fill the jug up with water?

find a water supply .autoparts store ?. restroom , resturant, grocery store????? buy a few 12oz bottles of drinking water?$1.49 a bottle ?
    how many is 1/2 gallon?

finally find some water mix both gallons right
    did spill some on my clothes in this process... damn
    add to over flow bottle ..
    now I must store 2 messy containers until I need more

or
    buy 1 gallon ready mixed and add it, toss the empty be done and be on my way
    expensive .. yes
    but time and effort ,storage ???

I would rather my dad (89)or mother in law(85) buy premixed it get it put in than screw around calling me and having to drive 60 miles to mix and add .. a little coolant
    some times the convenience out weighs the cost ... somtimes

when I suggested carrying premixed a/f when i worked in the autoparts business in the 80's and 90's "the managenment "could not forsee the market for it...OOPS another missed million ....

11. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Paperdog nailed it....
    I worked in autoparts for a few years, We sell it for EXACTLY these people. Its not that the people are stupid, Its that In the right situation...It just works better.

When my mom or sister call at 11pm and say "the light/ guage pegged, its leaking and im in barstow" Its just better for them to buy one jug, pour it in and roll. *Also i dont have to drain it later to correct the mixture.

Hotrodders = dont buy it
    Regular people in a pinch = Knock yourself out, least you didn't have to call a tow truck.

12. 50/50

50% less material / 50% more profit :p

The American way

I Drag has the perfect idea-BRILLIANT !!!!!

Oldmics

13. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

I saw that the other day too, same reaction.. " wtf ", my girl friend was at her job the otherr night, i got a call from her that she needed a new hose and of course some anti-freeze. I had to get the anti-freeze at the auto store and the water at the grocery store across the street. i ain't going to pay 15 bucks for 50/50 mix per gal . when I paid 15 for anti-freeze per gal plus 1 for water per gal = 2 gal.

14. bobscogin

bobscogin

Not meant for the people on this forum since it's not traditional. However, it serves a purpose for those that would follow the recommendation to use demineralized water in the cooling system of modern cars. It's easier than buying distilled water, antifreeze, and mixing it. There's a market for it or it wouldn't be on the shelf. If mixing your own makes you feel like more of a hot rodder, go for it. At least you'll be able to say you did it yourself.:D

Bob

15. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

Marketing genius at work here. A new parking lot has no meters, you need to go to a ATM type machine, enter the stall number and pay $1.00 per hour. Now, if you only stay there 15 minutes, the next person in your stall has to pay again, starting at $1.00 an hour. There is no way to know how much time is left on the space. Marketing genius.
    As long as we continue to buy, park, etc, someone will figure out how to fleece us. Is it a sign of the times, or has it always been dog eat dog?

16. bobscogin

bobscogin

It has always been "dog eat dog". The dogs that got eaten had less marketing genius than the surviving dogs.

Bob

17. O Man, Damn!
    You can use food coloring, for all the different seasons.

Red for the Winter = keeps the water warm all the time's. Blue for Summer = keep water cooler.

What better then a seasonable market.

18. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

At a bike show last month, the hot dog stand had Coke for $1, and bottled water was $2...